T&E Gas Scheduler
Company: DTE Energy
Location: Ann Arbor
Posted on: March 28, 2020
The future is bright at DTE Energy! We are one of the largest
Fortune 500 diversified utilities in the United States with an
aspiration to be the best-operated energy company in North America
and a force for good in the communities we live and serve. We have
businesses in 26 states and are comprised of regulated utility and
non-utility businesses. Our utility business provides electric and
gas service to approximately 3 million customers. Our non-utility
businesses include a diversified portfolio of energy related
companies, ranging from gas storage and pipelines to renewable
DTE Energy's utility and non-utility businesses are poised for
significant growth. We look forward to working with highly
motivated and team-oriented individuals to energize our efforts of
growing economically and environmentally.
Recently, DTE Energy has been recognized as an outstanding place to
work and has received the following accolades:
* Gallup Great Workplace Award for multiple years
- Civic 50 Award for corporate citizenship excellence
- Indeed's annual "50 Best Places to Work" award for two years
- Metropolitan Detroit's 101 Best and Brightest Companies to work
- J.D. Power Customer Satisfaction Award
- Professional Women's Magazine/Black EOE Journal "Best of the
- Computerworld's 100 Best Places to Work in IT
- Best Employers for a Healthy Lifestyle Gold Award
- Detroit Free Press Green Leaders Award
LOCATION: ANN ARBOR, MI
The T&E Gas Scheduler provides transactional analysis and gas
scheduling, working closely with a team of regional traders and
schedulers to optimize and accurately provide pipeline activities
on multiple pipelines in support of the Trading organization.
Understands the movement of natural gas, pipeline tariffs, multiple
electronic bulletin boards, internal tracking and risk systems, and
is capable of tracking transactions from inception to month end
close. Independent action required in dealing with problem solving.
Work is diversified, requiring analytical and technical skills
relating to least-cost methods. Takes action with limited guidance
from supervisor or team.Key Accountabilities
- Apply working knowledge of Front Office to timely scheduling of
natural gas transactions.
- Work closely with regional team to understand and implement
- Working knowledge of pipeline contracts to optimize in most
- Verify transactions with third parties and maintain good
- Monitor pipeline volumes in pipeline EBBs and make appropriate
- Maintain all associated spreadsheets, pipeline imbalances and
- Apply knowledge to work independently and take necessary action
to resolve problems.
- Monitor post and bid on capacity release on pipelines.
- Monitor pipeline notices and alert team to relevant
- Analyze reports of internal systems and take corrective
- Balance source and disposition daily on pipelines and internal
- Assist in deal reconciliation transactions, as necessary.
- Cross train in other regions as necessary to gain knowledge or
- Provide on-call support for weekend coverage, as
- This job may require FERC training.
Minimum Education & Experience Requirements
- Bachelor degree required, prefer business or closely related
- At least one year of work experience, internship and co-op work
- Experience involving multiple natural gas pipelines
- Highly proficient in Excel, analytical, strong oral and
- Highly motivated individual with ability to work in fast paced
environment under strict deadlines.
Physical Demands: The physical demands characterized in the
attached essential and marginal job functions epitomize those that
must be met by an employee to properly perform the integral
functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
Working Conditions: The employee performs job duties in a climate
controlled office environment, with a moderate noise
DTE Energy is an equal opportunity employer and considers all
qualified applicants without regard to race, color, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, age, religion, disability, national
origin, citizenship, height, weight, genetic information, marital
status, pregnancy, protected veteran status or any other status
protected by law.
Keywords: DTE Energy, Ann Arbor , T&E Gas Scheduler, Other , Ann Arbor, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!