Company: Truven Health Analytics
Location: Ann Arbor
Posted on: February 23, 2021
Truven Health Analytics delivers the answers that clients need
to improve healthcare quality and access while reducing costs. We
provide market-leading performance improvement built on data
integrity and empirical truth. For more than 30 years, our insights
and solutions have been providing hospitals and clinicians,
employers and health plans, state and federal government agencies,
life sciences firms, and policymakers the facts they need to make
confident decisions that directly affect the health and well-being
of people and organizations in the U.S. and around the world.
Truven Health Analytics owns some of the most trusted brands in
healthcare, such as MarketScan, 100 Top Hospitals, Advantage Suite,
Micromedex, Simpler, ActionOI, Heartbeat Experts, and JWA. Truven
Health has its principal offices in Ann Arbor, Mich.; Chicago; and
Denver. For more information, please visit truvenhealth.com.
Job Description The Solution Architect (SA) will play a critical
role driving new business development, sales success and continued
client satisfaction by applying deep technology expertise to
prospects and client business as well as internal functions. This
role will work closely with sales staff, technology staff, and
client services groups, regularly traveling and interacting with
prospects and clients as a technical subject matter expert. The
successful candidate will need an in-depth understanding of
industry leading data analytics platforms relevant to the
healthcare space from a design, development and implementation
perspective as well as ongoing operations and maintenance. The
candidate will be able to demonstrate knowledge of all aspects of
key technology platforms, database and business intelligence
software platforms, management and automation tools, and
operational components of large scale data warehousing and business
intelligence solutions. The five core responsibilities of this
position encompass: pre-sales engineering support, including
proposal writing and reponse, in house training to the sales teams,
prospect/client presentations on areas of expertise, creating and
maintaining relationships with partners used for consultation, and
implementation/delivery services where appropriate. Candidate
expected to have a broad understanding of relevant industry
technologies and trends, with depth on one or more of these subject
areas and technologies:
- Oracle Engineered Systems, including Exadata, Exalogic and
Virtual Cloud Appliance;
- Big Data technologies, specifically Hadoop and related Apache
- Business intelligence software applications, including Cognos,
- Data acquisition and transformation platforms, including
- Data warehousing techniques and modeling approaches;
- Data center design and infrastructure architecture, including
compute, storage and network architecture.
- The SA is responsible for identifying possible solutions and
strategies in response to early sales positioning in pre-RFP
- Post RFP release, the SA is responsible for completing RFP
requirements matrices, compliance matrices, technical responses,
and leading solutioning reviews.
- Assist in the development of solution components, costs, and
- Develop demo strategies and scripts.
- Evaluate the need for partners/prime, present need/options to
pursuit team and management, upon approval, negotiate and write
Statement of Work (SOW) for teaming agreements.
- Pre-Sales consultation to include travel and conference calls
with State Sales teams.
- Assist marketing and sales team in creating white papers and/or
marketing/sales materials, and attending conferences.
- Perform needs analysis and information gathering on client
expectations and technical baselines for writing or technical
review of SOWs.
- Effectively communicate solutions architecture to the
prospect/client, third parties and the project teams by
creating/delivering presentations, solution demonstrations, and/or
- Ensure that proposals are technically sound, can be delivered
within the timeframes and costs established, competitive and
representative of market leadership in the application of
technology to address client's specific business issues.
- Ensures effective client engagement and stakeholder management
during assignment (may include management of subcontractors and
- Perform consultation, implementation, documentation and
knowledge transfer for billable engagements.
- Provide technical reviews and reviews of both existing and
potential solution manufacturers/tools for their technical
- Develop strong partnerships with existing service provider
- Stay up-to-date on emerging technologies and products,
including attaining certifications and participation in industry
events as appropriate.
- Bring new ideas and methodologies to enhance Truven's sales
- Ideal candidates will have excellent communication,
presentation and organizational skills and have the ability to
write technically for pre-sales work and project documentation.
Qualifications REQUIRED Skills and Experience
- 5-8+ years' successful experience of data analytics technical
experience in healthcare.
- Willingness to travel up to 25%. PREFERRED Skills and
- 3+ years' experience with technical integration of business
intelligence solutions with external systems. Integration through
SOA is preferred.
- 3+ years' experience in preparing Request for Proposal (RFP)
responses for government opportunities. This includes both written
responses and oral presentations. Also includes experience in
developing cost components of a solution.
- 1+ years' experience negotiating Statements of Work with
- 1+ years' experience presenting to executive-level decision
makers and leadership.
- Strong oral and written communications skills.
- Excellent business strategy instincts - able to function well
in a competitive, changing environment.
- Experience with Government managed care programs and Medicaid
fiscal agent contracts.
- Experience working with value added re-sellers and/or channel
- A strong desire to play a key role in the expansion of the
Truven Health market footprint by providing critical support to the
- Experience in development of business intelligence tools for
business users. Education / Certifications Additional Information
If you meet ALL of the minimum requirements of the position and are
interested, please apply directly on our website at:--
http://bit.ly/TRUVENPRO1600287 We seek talented, qualified
employees in all our operations regardless of race, gender,
national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, or
any other protected classification under country or local law.
Truven Health Analytics is an Equal Employment
Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
According to the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS),
the H-1B visa cap has been met for the 2015 fiscal year (October 1,
2014-September 30, 2015). All your information will be kept
confidential according to EEO guidelines. Other jobs at Truven
Health Analytics, an IBM Company
Keywords: Truven Health Analytics, Ann Arbor , Solution Architect, Other , Ann Arbor, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!