Senior UX Designer
Company: Learning A-Z
Location: Ann Arbor
Posted on: February 24, 2021
We are Learning A-Z--, a Cambium Learning-- Group
company.Learning A-Z provides engaging, affordable, and easy-to-use
solutions for differentiated K-6 literacy learning. With a library
of meticulously differentiated eLearning tools that can be used
anywhere learning takes place, we give educators the tools they
need to easily personalize instruction for each student, and help
each teacher make an impact - their way. We're currently looking
for a variety of talented individuals to join our dedicated
Ann Arbor, MI / Tucson, AZ / Remote
Job OverviewOur Senior UX Designer will perform user experience
(UX) design across the software development phases including
requirements, architecture, design, development, administration and
enhancement for internal and customer facing products and services.
This role serves to incorporate usability testing and classroom
observations into the project life cycle.
- Conceive and recommend highly intuitive and well-crafted user
- Contribute to the vision and driving collaboration between the
technical, business, and editorial teams from product inception
through to implementation.
- Manage and conduct user testing for new products, existing
products and new product features, including the creation of
testing plans, user surveys and conducting in-person user
- Analyze user data and provide feedback to the web design and
technical teams, product managers and editors.
- Develop feature UX design briefs, logic flows and screen
- Develop a magic touch for the feel of experience through
controls and user feedback.
- Author clear, concise and complete documentation including
diagrams and visual content.
- Effectively use problem solving skills, group brainstorming and
problem solving / iterative design.
- Work effectively in a team of designers, artists and
- Communicate target quality and feature behavior.
- Experience handling the most complex, technology constrained or
iteration sensitive product systems.
- Attend software reviews and support production and marketing as
subject matter expert and design advocate for their game areas.
- Bachelor's degree in UX Research and Design (or relevant
experience). Bachelor's degree or equivalent.
- Design work on at least 3 different products (apps, video
games, social or location-based services).
- Experience creating and delivering online experiences (web,
mobile or PC based).
- At least one product with significant online
- Minimum 5+ years of UX research, user testing and production
- Strong writing and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to collaborate with a team to create a great user
- An understanding of mobile application design and user
interaction standards and best practices.
- Experience with user interface for online services.
- Experience with Information Architecture.
Why Work With Us?When you work with Learning A-Z, you'll be helping
students across the globe develop the comprehension, curiosity, and
continued joy of learning they need to succeed in today's world.
We've been awarded numerous accolades from a wide variety of edtech
organizations. Our flagship products Reading A-Z, Raz-Kids, and
Raz-Plus are beloved by teachers and students alike, and are
currently used by approximately 1/5 of public students in the
United States. To learn more about our organization and the
exciting work we do, visit
An Equal Opportunity EmployerWe are dedicated to fostering a
culture that celebrates unique backgrounds, ideas, and experiences.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex,
gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, national
origin, protected veteran status, or disability.
Keywords: Learning A-Z, Ann Arbor , Senior UX Designer, Other , Ann Arbor, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!