Company: Kelly Services
Location: Ann Arbor
Posted on: April 9, 2021
We are now seeking a Bank Teller (Account Specialist) to work at
a local Credit Union.----Location: Chelsea, MI--Training is in
Jackson, MI (you have the option to commute or have expenses paid
to stay in Jackson during training)--Pay is based on experience:
$14-$19/hour--Once hired, incentives with this position--make
anywhere from $200 - $1,000 extra per monthThis is also a DIRECT
HIRE (no contract period)--Benefits offered after 90 days--Banking
experience is not required, but if no banking, must have high
volume cash handling (retail or hospitality)--Schedule is flexible.
(banking hours: Mon-Thurs 8a-7p, Fri 7a-7p, Sat 8a-4p)--Position
Overview:--The Account Specialist I (teller)--performs a wide range
of transaction duties to serve members by receiving and dispensing
funds with a high degree of accuracy.-- This position requires you
to maintain accurate transactional records, providing basic cash
receipt and payment service to credit union members in accordance
with the credit unions policies and procedures.-- This person has
good communication skills to listen, recognize member's needs and
then recommend other credit union products or services.--Essential
- Follow all credit union policies and procedures; including
policies and procedures for customer identification and all BSA
- Promotes services consistent with the credit union sales
- Receive checking and savings deposits: verify cash and
endorsements, receive proper identification for cash back, and
issue receipts of deposit.
- Cash checks: verify endorsement, receive proper identification,
and ensure validity.
- Process savings withdrawals.
- Examine checks deposited and determine proper funds
availability based on regulation requirements and complete Hold
- Enters members' transactions into computer to record
transactions, and issues computer generated receipts.
- Identify counterfeit currency.
- Answer basic customer inquiries regarding interest rates,
service charges, and account histories while complying with
disclosure requirements, regulations and consumer privacy
- Cross-sell credit union products and services.--Competencies
- Member Focused - Empathetically seek understanding of what
members require and expect and use available resources, policies,
and opportunities in their best interest without compromising
institutional core values.
- Attention to Detail - Thoroughness and accuracy in
accomplishing a task through concern for all the areas involved, no
matter how small. Monitors and checks work or information and plans
and organizes time and resources efficiently.
- Collaboration - The employee will work with others to achieve
common organizational goals in a spirit of honoring diversity and
- Reliability and Confidentiality: Personally responsible;
completes work in a timely, consistent manner; works hours
necessary to complete assigned work; is regularly present and
punctual; arrives prepared for work; is committed to doing the best
job possible; keeps commitments.-- Able to keep all information
obtained confidential including member, employee and credit union
- Communication - Effectively communicates by actively listening
and sharing relevant information with co-workers, supervisor(s),
and members so as to anticipate problems and ensure the
effectiveness of the institution.--Key Performance Indicators
- Job Knowledge
- Daily balancing of assigned cash drawer
- Meets Service Levels Goals
- Cross offers of other Credit Union products and services
- G.R.E.A.T. Standards
- We Greet
- We value our member and coworkers by greeting one another.
- We Respect
- We respect our members and team by giving personal quality
- We Engage
- We are fully engaged with members and team members.
- We Achieve
- We achieve by executing tasks accurately and by offering
additional products and services to our members.
- We are a Team
- We create a positive work environment by valuing one another
and working together----Position Model Standards
- $2000 Check override limit--Requirements:
- A minimum education of high school diploma or GED.
- Cash handling or sales experience.
- Prior Customer Service experience.--The Ideal Candidate:
- Has excellent customer service skills
- The ability to prioritize and make on-the-spot decisions
regarding customer transactions, weighing customer satisfaction
issues with credit union exposure to loss or fraud.
- Mathematical skills
- In-depth knowledge of all credit union deposit products and
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Ability to cross sell
- High degree of accuracy
- Strong communication skills
- Organizational skills--The Physical Demands:The physical
demands described here are representative of those that must be met
by an employee to successfully perform the essential duties of this
job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential duties.--
- Requires the ability to operate, repetitively at times, a
personal computer, and calculator. Also requires ability to operate
multi-line telephone, facsimile and photocopier.
- Requires the ability to concentrate and consistently produce
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
frequently required to sit and/or stand for up to 4 hours at a
time; use hand to find, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms;
and talk and hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, stoop,
kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth
perception, and ability to adjust focus.--WORK ENVIRONMENT:The work
environment characteristics described here are representative of
those an employee encounters while performing the essential duties
of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties.
- Duties are performed in an office environment but may also
require traveling to other facilities using employee's personal
- The noise level is moderate.
- The physical exertion is moderate.
- There are frequent employee/member contacts and interruptions
in person and via the telephone during the day.Why Kelly--?As a
worker today, it's up to you to take charge of your career and look
for opportunities to learn, grow, and achieve your potential.
Helping you find what's next is what we're all about. We know
what's going on in the evolving world of work-just ask the 440,000
people we employ each year. Connecting with us means getting the
support, guidance, and opportunities needed to take your career
where you may have never imagined.About Kelly--At Kelly, we're
always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new
ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a
leading advocate for temporary/non-traditional workstyles, because
we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth
opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting
great people with great companies is what we do best, and our
employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill
levels, and industries around the world.Kelly is an equal
opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce and
providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts
of the hiring process as required under its Employment
Accommodation Policy. Kelly will work with applicants to meet
accommodation needs that are made known to Kelly in advance.]]
Keywords: Kelly Services, Ann Arbor , Bank Teller, Other , Ann Arbor, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!