Clicking "Apply Now" opens the link in a new window.
Why Join the Department of Social Work Primary Care Team?
You will be part of an interdisciplinary team of care managers
providing bio-psychosocial assessments, treatment and case
management services to patients with medical and/or psychiatric
diagnoses. You will play a vital role in providing clinical social
work services to primary care clinics that serve pediatric, adult,
and geriatric patient populations. This position specifically works
with pediatric patients and families predominantly and will include
care management social work services, as well as a psychotherapy
The Department of Social Work strives to foster an environment
of respect, diversity and inclusion; a place where every person
feels valued and can thrive.
What Perks and Benefits Can You Look Forward to?
- 2:1 match on retirement savings
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision coverage starting on day
one of employment
- Generous Paid Time Off (PTO) and paid holidays
- Financial support for continuing education and
The University of Michigan Health System improves the health of
patients, populations and communities through excellence in
education, patient care, community service, research and technology
development, and through leadership activities in Michigan,
nationally and internationally. Our mission is guided by our
Strategic Principles and has three critical components; patient
care, education and research that together enhance our contribution
- Bio-psychosocial assessments
- Patient advocacy
- Adjustment to illness counseling
- Crisis intervention
- Safety planning
- Grief counseling
- Referrals to community resources
- Case management services
- A Master's degree in Social Work from a school accredited by
the Council of Social Work Education.
- A current license to practice social work in the State of
- Previous experience with medical and mental health social
- Skilled in developing rapport and effectively communicating
with a diverse patient population.
- Efficient, accurate assessment of patient needs and effective
- Effective organizational skills, flexibility, self-motivation,
the ability to effectively prioritize multiple competing tasks in a
dynamic medical clinic.
- Independent, sound decision-making is necessary for success in
- Effective collaboration with a large multi-disciplinary
- Proficiency in keeping accurate and timely clinical records by
- Previous experience working with pediatric patients and
families, specifically performing pediatric and adolescent
This is a 20 hour/week position. The typical schedule will fall
between Monday-Friday with start and end times 8:00-4:30 or
200 Arnet St., Suite 200, Ypsilanti, MI 48198
- This role is currently partially remote with an ongoing
rotation on-site at Ypsilanti Health Center.
This position may be underfilled at a lower classification
depending on the qualifications of the selected candidate.
Advancement through the career ladder at the Expert or Clinical
Scholar Level is required for placement in the MSW Senior
University of Michigan Health System conducts background
screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidate upon
acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party
administrator to conduct background screenings. Background
screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days.
This job may be removed from posting boards and filled any time
after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative
Social Worker MSW Sr./MSW- 0.5 FTE Ypsilanti Health Center?
Part-Time (20 Hours) - Day Shift (Mon-Fri)
Social Worker MSW Senior
Michigan Medicine - Health Sys
Ann Arbor, MI
MM Soc Wrk - Adm & Guest Suprt
4/07/2021 - 7/06/2021
Patient Care Services