Professional Faculty - Communication Instructor
Company: Washtenaw Community College
Location: Ann Arbor
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Outstanding opportunity to be a part of a diverse, engaged and
student-centered community. Washtenaw Community College (WCC)
strives to make a positive difference in people's lives through
accessible and excellent educational programs and services.
Washtenaw Community College (WCC) offers excellent compensation
including a superior benefit package. Comprehensive Health, Dental,
Life and Vision Insurance provided at a low premium cost. Top Tier
Retirement Plan with up to a 12% college contribution OR MPSERS.
Base salary is paid for service of 1,280 hours/160 reporting
days/32 weeks, during the fall and winter semesters. Any
instruction/service over base hours is paid at an overload rate of
1.5% per contact hour. Overload is determined based on class need
and is not guaranteed semester to semester.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
* Teach first- second-year college level courses in
* Teach a diverse student body in daytime, evening, and Saturday
classes on the main campus, at extension centers, and business and
* Participate in department, division, and general faculty
meetings, applicable College committee activities, and other forms
of College service.
* Prepare and develop appropriate instructional materials for the
* Participate actively in professional activities such as, but not
limited to, curriculum planning, assessment, syllabus writing,
examination development, textbook selection, program
evaluation/revision, and other professional planning activities on
a year-round basis.
* Maintain an active program of professional development related to
* Other duties as assigned.
Hours/Schedule: Hours vary based on class schedules.
Minimum Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* Master's degree in communication, or a closely related area with
18 graduate hours in communication or speech.
* Two years of college level teaching experience.
* Knowledge of software related to teaching in communication
* Experience in online teaching.
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
* Recent, successful, post-secondary teaching experience in
* Remote or virtual teaching experience.
* QM Teaching Online certified.
* Successful community college teaching experience.
Keywords: Washtenaw Community College, Ann Arbor , Professional Faculty - Communication Instructor, Other , Ann Arbor, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!