Posted on: May 3, 2021
Location: Multimatic Michigan, Jackson, Michigan, United
Posted: April 12th, 2021
Multimatic Michigan is responsible for manufacturing fully
engineered, high quality components and assemblies for high-volume
vehicle manufacturers. Multimatic Michigan uses advanced
proprietary manufacturing processes.
Multimatic Michigan is currently looking for a Manufacturing
Engineer that will be responsible for increasing company
profitability and improving employee working conditions by
studying, recommending and implementing changes to existing and new
manufacturing processes. They will also be accountable for
collaborating with internal departments on new and existing program
engineering requirements and process development.
- Develop and co-ordinate plant and equipment layout
improvements, process improvements, to prepare Company for
Just-In-Time manufacturing and TQC (Total Quality Control).
- Assist in developing and maintaining standard costs for all
- Co-ordinate and follow up on the smooth introduction of new
product to the company assist in selecting appropriate suppliers
for subcontracted operations.
- Research and pursue any potential operational opportunities for
improvement in the Company's Operation to make the Company
competitive in a JIT Manufacturing Environment.
- Advise Management of any potential problems and opportunities
- Assist with any other projects as requested by the Plantl
- Participates in the engineering change (ecn) process by
designing / updating Process Failure Mode Effects Analyses (PFMEAs)
as needed, reviewing all operators instructions, ensuring assembly
equipment readiness, packaging requirements are met, and all other
Process Engineering tasks are completed on the ECN Checklist before
the change effective date.
- Maintains regular daily presence on the production floor and
provides engineering support to assembly in areas of safety,
ergonomic evaluations, methods improvement, procurement and
fabrication of necessary equipment to improve/complete any required
process additions and/or alterations, and responding to their
- Consider all aspects of industrial plant engineering when
designing and/or implementing process changes.
- Research, investigate and report manufacturing
problems/concerns for improvement
- Implementing corrective actions to minimize process downtimes
- Works in compliance with IATF16949 standards.
- Maintains due diligence in regard to environmental matters,
minimize any potentially harmful accidents and work in compliance
with ISO 14001.
- Will work in compliance with all legislative requirements of
- College Diploma or University Degree in Industrial or
- Minimum (3) Three years' experience in a related field or
- Good knowledge of manufacturing, processes, production
- Strong Technical Report writing abilities.
- Excellent problem solving techniques and methods.
- Ability to successfully interact with all levels of employees
in the organization.
- Computer skills in the area of MS Office, and
- Must be able to work independently and prioritize tasks
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in a high-volume manufacturing environment
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Must be able to pass criminal background check, and drug
If you are interested in this position, apply by sending us your
cover letter and resume.
We thank all interested candidates in advance; however, only
individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.
As part of our commitment to ensuring our employment practices
are fair, accessible, and inclusive of persons with disabilities,
recruitment-related accommodations for disabilities, are available
upon request throughout the recruitment and assessment process for
applicants with disabilities.
Keywords: Multimatic, Ann Arbor , Manufacturing Engineer, Other , Jackson, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!