Nurse Assistant (Home Health) / Contingent / Days / Allegiance Health - Jackson
Company: Henry Ford Hospital
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Reporting to the supervisor of Extended care, assists with the
provision of basic care to clients in the client's home or in a
facility to maintain a comfortable and safe environment. Under the
direction and supervision of the responsible Registered Nurse (RN),
performs specific patient care duties to meet safety and comfort
needs of the patient. Provides input to assist the RN in planning
and implementing patient care. Responds to emergent situations
according to established procedures. Recognizes and participates in
own continuing education. The Nurse Assistant follows the Henry
Ford Health System Team Member Standards of Excellence in all
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Maintains effective, professional, and appropriate communication
during all patient, family encounters and healthcare team member
interactions. Actively participates in
- Obtaining RN shift report
- Peer handoffs
- Bedside handoff
Identifies concerns related to patients, staff, and self, and
communicates with the responsible RN
Actively participates in the shared governance process to
promote nursing and team practice.
Maintains commitment to peers evidenced by healthy communication
principles and positive problem solving.
As directed, assists the RN in admitting, transferring and
discharging of patients.
Demonstrates sensitivity to patients' comfort and privacy and is
engaged in patients' care. Answers patient questions, and explains
procedures when performing.
Provides personal care assistance to patients, including
bathing, dressing, feeding, toileting, mobility, comfort and
- Provides therapeutic patient care under the supervision and/or
direction of the RN, to include the following duties (per business
- Measures, documents and reports vital signs
- Collects, labels, and documents specimens at bedside
- Gives non-medicated enemas
- Changes colostomy bags
- Assists with restraints, unsterile dressings, warm and cold
- Follows proper isolation techniques and procedures
- Assists with oral care
- Performs venipuncture and chemsticks
- Performs EKGs
- High school diploma or G.E.D. equivalent
- CNA preferred
- Completion of a Nurse Assistant program (titles for similar
programs may vary; e.g., Patient Care Technician (PCT) or Patient
Assistant Technician (PAT) but perform the same job role.)
- OR May be currently enrolled in a nursing program and have
successfully completed the Fundamentals of Nursing course.
- OR Foreign trained and licensed RN who has relocated to the
United States and does not hold a Michigan Rn license.
- OR Medical Assistant program with OR without
- Minimum of one (1) year of recent hospital, nursing home,
clinic, ambulatory care or home health experience required.
- Requires the ability to pass the HFHS Technical Skills
- Requires a valid drivers' license and an acceptable driving
- Must have access to reliable transportation, and a
- Requires the ability to read, write and understand verbal and
- Requires interpersonal skills to interact favorably with
clients, families and visitors.
- Complete BLS Heart Saver Certification during orientation.
- Must meet or exceed core customer service responsibilities
Keywords: Henry Ford Hospital, Ann Arbor , Nurse Assistant (Home Health) / Contingent / Days / Allegiance Health - Jackson, Other , Jackson, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!