Join a diverse and dynamic team that makes and delivers the most
valuable services in the world: electricity and natural gas. At
Consumers Energy, our customers are at the heart of everything we
do. Our employees work around the clock to provide service to our
customers in honor of our history and to fulfill our promise to
Michigan - Count on Us! Consumers Energy, the principal subsidiary
of CMS Energy and headquartered in Jackson, Michigan, provides
natural gas and electricity to nearly 6.8 million of Michigan's 10
million residents in all 68 Lower Peninsula counties.
The ESO Forecasting Engineer is responsible for developing MISO
energy market offer strategies using energy price forecasts,
electric load forecasts, generation unit operating parameters, and
generation unit outage plans that are developed by the ESO
Forecasting Engineer. The engineer will develop forecasts using
sophisiticated regression and neural network models, advanced excel
spreadsheet models, production cost models, and generation unit
commitment models. This role will work closely with peers in
Generation Planning, Generation Asset Strategy and Generation
Operations to understand generation unit operating parameters and
- Develop and maintain models for short-term forecasts for energy
market pricing, electric load, intermittent generation (i.e. wind,
solar), and demand response.
- Develop, validate, and maintain MISO energy and ancillary
service market offer strategies that maximize customer value and
accommodate generation unit operational restrictions.
- Coordinate with Generation Planning, Generation Asset Strategy,
and Generation Operations to develop optimal outage schedules.
- Coordinate with Generation Planning and Generation Operations
to validate, update, and maintain MISO generation unit offer
- Maintain collection and reporting of weather forecast
- Forecast generation key performance indicators.
- Knowledge of Electric Supply
- Knowledge of generation technology and operations
- Knowledge of demand-side energy resources
- Knowledge of generation outage planning
- Knowledge of MISO energy, capacity, and ancillary services
- Knowledge of forecasting tools including regression analysis,
neural networks models
Bachelor's degree in scientific/technical field. Engineering
(OR) Associate's degree in a scientific/technical field with 2
years of experience in the specific field. (OR) Extensive Company
or industry experience in positions that demonstrate required
abilities and performance.
- Utility experience
- Complex modeling experience
- Strong computer skills, especially Excel
- Detail oriented
Location is Jackson- Parnall -Remote options available
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
All qualified applicants will not be discriminated against and
will receive consideration for employment without regard to
protected veteran status, disability, race, color, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.
Nearest Major Market: Jackson Michigan
Nearest Secondary Market: Ann Arbor
Job Segment: Engineer, Supply, Field Engineer, Engineering,