Mammography Technologist / Contingent
Company: Henry Ford Hospital
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Under the direction of a Radiologist, performs Radiologic
procedures for the evaluation of pathological entities as ordered
by a physician. Performs related functions according to department
protocols. Utilizes independent judgment in determining appropriate
radiographic techniques, positioning, and safety practices.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Explains examination procedure to patients and prepares patient
for the examination.
- Reviews clinical data on requisition and performs appropriate
- Obtains additional information about the patient medical
history as necessary.
- Prepares procedure room and regularly replenishes stock such as
linen and related supplies.
- Analyzes anatomical structure of patient, sets up equipment and
performs the Radiologic procedure.
- Manually controls the equipment to obtain the proper diagnostic
information from the area of the body being studied.
- High School Diploma or G.E.D. equivalent is required.
- Must be registered in Radiography with the American Registry of
Radiologic Technology (ARRT).
- Must maintain the required hours of continued education.
- Healthcare Provider certification required (BCLS).
Keywords: Henry Ford Hospital, Ann Arbor , Mammography Technologist / Contingent, Other , Jackson, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!