Company: Continental Services
Posted on: May 3, 2021
The Market Merchandiser is responsible for driving company
vehicle over an established route to merchandise store products.
The driver is responsible for filling and maintaining their 24/7
Shift: 6:30AM - 2:30 PM
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Merchandising: Merchandise products according to store layouts.
Roll-out promotions. Gather and report customer feedback. Maintain
established inventory levels for all products sold, to include, but
not limited to soft drinks, pre-packaged food, sandwiches, salads,
soups, wraps, fruits, vegetables, candy, pastry, and snack items.
Count, record and following ordering protocol for inventory.
Restock shelves, coolers, and coffee. Follow protocols for
inventory tracking and rotating of product. Collect and record
out-of-date, rejected or unsold merchandise.
- Product Delivery: Review inventory requirements to identify
what products are needed for each point of sale. Works closely with
the warehouse to ensure all products are ready for delivery. Load
and unload products using proper safety protocols to prevent
injury. Drive vehicle to points of sale to deliver merchandise.
Maintain open lines of communication with management regarding
account product changes and recommended scheduling changes.
- Cash Handling: Collect money from kiosks. Follow cash handling
and loss prevention protocols to ensure personal and property
safety. Record transactions on appropriate forms. Monitor and
report any activity that seems out of the norm or raises specific
concern about potential misconduct.
- Food Safety & Sanitation: Ensure proper handling and
refrigeration of all perishable items during transit and while
stocking products. Ensure coolers maintain appropriate temperatures
to store products. Perform routine cleaning, to include, but not
limited to coffee machines, microwaves, coolers, racks, shelves,
tables, counter tops, floors and windows, in and around each point
- Inventory: Full inventory counts must be competed & submitted
- Audit: Inspect food quality & appearance; report stale
products, review "pick" sheets, conduct final walk-thru.
- Additional projects and assignments as assigned.
- High-School Diploma or GED.
- Must be able to pass DOT.
- Prior retail experience and familiarization with basic
merchandising concepts strongly preferred.
- Basic Computer Skills.
- Results oriented and flexible; takes action as soon as need
arises and can demonstrate positive results; steadily follows
through on tasks; able to find a balance between the business
requirements and meeting client requests; absorbs new information
quickly and translates key points into positive outcomes.
- High energy level; has demonstrated endurance and persistence
- Can-do attitude; stays positive; sets right tone when working
- Places high importance on relationship development; believes in
and routinely practices direct and honest communication; actively
shares information openly with those who need to know; seeks
collaborative resolution of issues.
- Personal values align with the company's values and culture;
treats people with respect and consistency; trustworthy; highly
ethical; appreciates and engages in creativity and forward
thinking; takes long-range view.
- Has a passion for providing great customer service and is
skilled at communicating with customers in person; ability to read,
speak and understand English; good at visualizing how to
merchandise products and present a clean, organized and welcoming
- Detailed oriented, diplomatic, and comfortable working in
structured environments that will require repetitive and routine
tasks. Demonstrated willingness and ability to follow instruction
that is provided in writing and/or in conversation.
- Climbing in-and-out of a vehicle
- Loading and unloading products from the vehicle.
- Bending, stooping, pulling/pushing, and twisting required.
- Walking and standing required for long periods
- Regular lifting 25-50 pounds
The physical demands for this position are sits, stands, bends,
lifts, and moves intermittently during working hours. These
physical requirements may be accomplished with or without
The duties of this position may change from time to time.
Continental reserves the right to add or delete duties and
responsibilities at the discretion of Continental or its managers.
This job description is intended to describe the general level of
work being performed. It's not intended to be all inclusive.
Continental is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Keywords: Continental Services, Ann Arbor , Merchandiser: Jackson, Other , Jackson, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!