Location: Ann Arbor
Posted on: May 3, 2021
- The Research Assistant is responsible for managing laboratory and
all cell culture aspects of multiple, simultaneous client studies
as it relates to studies managed by study managers within in vivo
RESPONSIBILITIES / DUTIES
- Liaise with in vivo study managers to provide quality service to
- Expertise of cell culture procedures and aseptic technique.
Ability to grow, maintain, expand, freeze and thaw cell lines.
Responsible for maintaining the accuracy of the cell line/tumor
database. Aware of cell-line specific growth properties. Ability to
communicate findings to fellow team members for analysis and
- Ability to prepare CAR T cells for dosing and follow client
provided protocols when necessary.
- Ability to help manage laboratory tasks such as inventory and
ordering, equipment maintenance and up-keep.
- Ability to manage easy-to-moderately complex communication with
Study Manager. Responsible for ordering necessary reagents and
tests when applicable. Will need to provide timely updates as
necessary, as well as compilation of cell culture portions of final
reports if necessary. Will consult Supervisor to handle more
- Ability to follow Standard Operating Procedures. May be
responsible for creation and maintenance.
- Performs all other duties as assigned. May lead special projects
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
- Works in a research environment with exposure to sharps and
substances of unknown hazard.
- Must function and adequately perform all responsibilities
associated with the job while adhering to various established
safety and PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) requirements
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust
- Ability to bend and move within cell culture hood.
- Bachelors Degree scientific discipline*
- *Combination of education and/or equivalent relevant experience
will be considered in lieu of Bachelors Degree
- 3 years of in vitro experience desired
Keywords: Covance, Ann Arbor , Research Assistant-Discovery, Other , Ann Arbor, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!