The future is bright at DTE Energy! We are one of the largest
Fortune 500 diversified utilities in the United States with an
aspiration to be the best-operated energy company in North America
and a force for good in the communities we live and serve. We have
businesses in 26 states and are comprised of regulated utility and
non-utility businesses. Our utility business provides electric and
gas service to approximately 3 million customers. Our non-utility
businesses include a diversified portfolio of energy related
companies, ranging from gas storage and pipelines to renewable
DTE Energy's utility and non-utility businesses are poised for
significant growth. We look forward to working with highly
motivated and team-oriented individuals to energize our efforts of
growing economically and environmentally.
Recently, DTE Energy has been recognized as an outstanding place
to work and has received the following accolades:
- Gallup Great Workplace Award for multiple years
- Civic 50 Award for corporate citizenship excellence
- Indeed's annual "50 Best Places to Work" award for two years
- Metropolitan Detroit's 101 Best and Brightest Companies to work
- J.D. Power Customer Satisfaction Award
- Professional Women's Magazine/Black EOE Journal "Best of the
- Computerworld's 100 Best Places to Work in IT
- Best Employers for a Healthy Lifestyle Gold Award
- Detroit Free Press Green Leaders Award
Location: Detroit, Michigan
Provides legal services in matters with some complexity and
sensitivity calling on a significant breadth of knowledge and depth
of experience. Has a broad business perspective and applies this
perspective to legal analysis and solutions to meet objectives.
Leads others in plans and
execution and can lead teams or coordinate with other areas to
provide legal services. May be called to represent the interests of
the Company in any number of legal matters including but not
limited to the areas of commercial contracts and transactions,
business development, finance, litigation, renewable energy and
- Accepts increasingly complex or sensitive legal projects and
sees that they are effectively resolved in an efficient
- May research legal principles and precedents, consult with
outside counsel, draft and execute legal documents, gather relevant
information using multiple sources and methods, provide work
guidance to other professional or paraprofessional and support
staff to develop solutions to business problems.
- Independently handles complex commercial contracts and
transactions and effectively negotiates with counterparties.
- Provides clear advice and counsel on complex issues.
- Works with minimum legal supervision and collaboratively with
all levels of internal clients.
- Performs all other related duties as assigned.
Minimum Education & Experience Requirements
Graduate of accredited law school and admitted to the state bar
of permanent residence within a reasonable time, with at least five
years of legal experience.
- Exhibits exceptional verbal and non-verbal communication,
written and presentation skills.
- Possesses analytic and problem-solving skills consistent with
the ability to identify key issues from a broad range of
alternatives and recommend optimal solutions for various
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications, i.e. MS-Word and
Excel sufficient to apply them with minimal instruction or
- Experience in drafting, structuring, and negotiating commercial
transactions in the area of renewable natural gas, renewable
energy, decarbonization or other energy related business
- Ability to work in a team and/or matrix structure, supporting
multiple clients, procedures and policy.
- Ability to cope with multiple demands from superiors, peers and
subordinates in a positive and even-handed fashion; displaying a
calm demeanor under pressure.
- Competent with prioritizing and managing multiple tasks, issues
or projects that may include high-visibility initiatives and
require innovation, teamwork and planning.
- Initiate new ideas and approaches; challenging orthodox
practices and approaches with reasonable and sound
The physical demands characterized in the essential and marginal
job functions epitomize those that must be met by an employee to
properly perform the integral functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
Please reference the essential and marginal job functions
(general office) for this position.
The employee performs job duties in a climate-controlled office
environment, with a moderate noise level.
Incumbents may engage in all or some combination of the
activities and accountabilities cited in this description,
depending on the organization & role to which they're assigned.
This description is intended to describe the general nature & level
of work being performed by incumbents in this job. It is not
intended as an all-inclusive list of accountabilities or
responsibilities, nor is it intended to limit the right of any
supervisory or management representative to assign, direct &
control the work of employees under their supervision.
DTE Energy is an equal opportunity employer and considers all
qualified applicants without regard to race, color, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, age, religion, disability, national
origin, citizenship, height, weight, genetic information, marital
status, pregnancy, protected veteran status or any other status
protected by law.
Nearest Major Market: Ann Arbor
Nearest Secondary Market: Detroit
Apply now "
Find similar jobs: