Senior Environmental Engineer/Scientist
Company: Haley & Aldrich Inc.
Location: ann arbor
Posted on: May 3, 2021
At Haley & Aldrich, we pride ourselves on our small-company
culture, with big-company opportunities. Our staff appreciate that
project diversity and flexible environment.
Are you looking to take your career to the next level? Bring
your expertise, industry knowledge, and leadership to Haley &
Aldrich well give you the flexibility and support to chart your own
career path and explore the areas youre passionate about.
The Manufacturing Business Unit at Haley & Aldrich is growing,
and we are currently seeking a Senior Environmental
Engineer/Scientist to work in a technical/project
management support role with highly skilled professionals on
diverse project teams in a dynamic environment. The successful
candidate will be a self-motivated problem solver with high
attention to detail and must be capable of working with minimal
direction to solve problems and create technically accurate project
deliverables. This is an excellent opportunity to join a growing
group and company and get involved in a variety of environmental
projects for a diverse range of clients. This full-time position
will be based out of our Ann Arbor, MI
The successful candidate will:
- Work collaboratively with multi-disciplinary project teams and
nationwide company offices and client/project locations.
- Assist in developing scopes of work for a range of
environmental projects including groundwater, soil, soil vapor, and
indoor air investigations.
- Manage implementation of site and remedial investigations in
accordance with state and federal required regulations, procedures,
and technical guidance.
- Perform data collection activities and conduct site
reconnaissance, as needed.
- Assist with proposals, project technical reports/deliverables,
and regulatory compliance submissions.
- Review and evaluate data to support development of Conceptual
Site Models, evaluate achievement of objectives, and identify data
gaps and additional actions.
- Document project-related activities and coordinate drafting of
technical sections of project communications and reports by junior
- Perform all work in accordance with company and client Health &
- B.S. degree in engineering (geotechnical, environmental,
chemical), geology, chemistry, or environmental science
- M.S. degree is highly preferred
- 5-7 years of professional services consulting experience that
includes execution of environmental assessments for soil,
groundwater and the vapor intrusion pathway; evaluation of
environmental data, and presentation of technical solutions in a
variety of written and oral formats
- Knowledge of and relevant project experience with MI EGLE rules
and regulations, including Part 201 and Part 213 of Act 451
- Basic skills in quality control, planning, cost estimating, and
- Professional registration (or ability to obtain) such as PG,
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient at writing technical reports to meet scope and
quality objectives and client expectations
- Strong computer literacy skills including proficiency in
industry standard software
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail
- Positive attitude, strong work ethic, flexibility, and
willingness to see projects through to completion
- OSHA 40-hr. HAZWOPER training
About Haley & Aldrich
Haley & Aldrich, Inc. is committed to delivering the value our
clients need from their capital, operations, and environmental
projects. Our one-team approach allows us to draw from our 700
engineers, scientists, and constructors in 30 offices for creative
collaboration and expert perspectives. Since our founding in 1957,
we have one goal in all we do: deliver long-term value efficiently,
no matter how straightforward or complex the challenge. In 2020,
Haley & Aldrich acquired Hart Crowser, an engineering and
environmental consultancy with extensive expertise in the Pacific
Northwest and recognized for its cutting-edge performance-based
seismic design methods. Visit http://www.haleyaldrich.com .
Haley & Aldrich is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to gender, race, age, disability, veteran or any other legally
protected status.We offer excellent career growth, a highly
competitive total compensation plan and a solid benefits package
that includes; health, dental, vision; Short-Term/Long-Term
Disability; 401(k) with match; generous vacation plan and paid time
off; tuition reimbursement; long-term care, and more.Interested
candidates should apply online on our Careers page .
ACCOMMODATIONS FOR APPLICANTS WITH DISABILITIES AND
LIMITED ENGLISH PROFICIENCYHaley & Aldrich, an equal
opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce. In order to
ensure reasonable accommodation for individuals protected by
Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans
Readjustment Act of 1974, Title I of the Americans with
Disabilities Act of 1990 and pursuant to Executive Order 13166,
applicants with disabilities or limited English proficiency that
require accommodation in the job application process may contact
1-617-886-7400 for assistance.
California Applicant Privacy Notice
Keywords: Haley & Aldrich Inc., Ann Arbor , Senior Environmental Engineer/Scientist, Other , ann arbor, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!