Psych Tech I (Geriatric Unit) / 36 Hours per Week / Days - Allegiance Health - Jackson, MI
Company: Henry Ford Hospital
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Under limited supervision and in accordance with established
policies, procedures, guidelines, and patient care plans, performs
a variety of direct patient care activities. Provides positive
interactions and safe environment to maximize patient well-being.
Notifies Manager, Clinical Unit Leader/ on duty Nurse of any
significant patient care issues.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent is required.
- If no college experience, must have at least one to two years
of Mental Health Assistant experience.
- Knowledge of the involuntary admission and court process,
guardianship issues, patient rights, and the Mental Health
- Analytical skills necessary in order to assess patients and
gather data relevant to patient care.
- Ability to physically manage patients when necessary in a safe
and therapeutic manner.
- Communication skills, verbal and written, and interpersonal
skills necessary to effectively interact with patients providing a
comfort, empathy, encouragement, and support.
- Computer competency and telephone etiquette are required.
- The ability to learn quickly and adapt to changing patient
- An exceptional focus on team work and dedication to ongoing
- Skilled in de-escalation and conflict resolution
- Knowledgeable about care of adult, geriatric psychiatric
patients and /or substance use disorder patient population.
Associates degree in health or psychology strongly preferred
Communication skills and specialized knowledge of basic
Psychology or Sociology theories and practices at a level normally
acquired through completion of an Associate's degree in Psychology,
Sociology, or one year previous work experience as a Mental Health
Technician and enrollment in a degree program.
If no college, you must at least have one to two years Mental
Health Assistant experience.
Preferred PCA/CNA certification
Equivalent bedside Nursing experience, such home health aides,
military hospital corpsman or medic or emergency Medical Technician
Departmental Specific: BCLS certificate, CPI training, Certified
Addiction and Drug Counselor Developmental Plan.
Keywords: Henry Ford Hospital, Ann Arbor , Psych Tech I (Geriatric Unit) / 36 Hours per Week / Days - Allegiance Health - Jackson, MI, Other , Jackson, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!