Staff Associate I (College) Ann Arbor, MI
Company: Young Life
Location: Ann Arbor
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Do you feel called to step into the lives of college students
and help them discover what it means to have life to the full?
Consider joining the Young Life College staff team at the
University of Michigan as we reach students that are all over the
spiritual map, in an effort to meet them where theyre at, love them
as they are, and help them move forward in their faith.
We are looking to hire a staff associate to serve alongside our
current college director to deepen and grow this ministry. Our
effort is two-fold: (1) Widen our ministry presence on campus, and
(2) walk alongside and train up a next generation of Kingdom
The University of Michigan has 44,000+ students who come from
all over the world to receive a top-tier education and university
experience. The culture of UM is distinctly academic and the
students are highly driven. Young Life College is in its 13th year
at UM. The campus sits in the heart of Ann Arbor, and is just a
short 40 minute drive to downtown Detroit. Ann Arbor is many
things, including a bustling university town, culinary hotspot, and
a tech hub with a walkable downtown that includes world-class arts
- Growing relationship with Jesus and commitment to spiritual
- Participation in the local church.
- Lead and support student leaders.
- Help lead the area in spiritual development and
- Build lasting relationships with students and help them grow in
- Identify, recruit and help train student leaders.
- Model excellent contact work, small group leadership and
- Create, organize, and help lead key outreach events and
- Participate in our work with the committee.
- Build relationships with key people in and around the UM
- Participate in national, divisional and regional training.
- Demonstrate commitment to fundraising personal support.
- College/university degree.
- Strong relational and administrative skills.
- Calling/desire to pursue full-time ministry (on a university
- Deep, abiding faith in Jesus Christ and love for people.
- Passion and calling for communicating the love of Christ.
- Clear understanding of discipleship.
- Self-starter, strong initiative, vision and an entrepreneurial
- Strong leadership and relational skills.
- Willing to reside in the community where ministry is being
- We care deeply about you being set up for success, and we value
your health, growth and family.
- Salary in line with education and experience.
- Full-time Young Life benefits including medical, dental and
vision, life insurance, and 401(k) contributions
- Expense reimbursement for ministry-related expenses.
- Flexible paid time off.
- Health club benefits.
- Strong regional support and training.
- Intentional cultural intelligence development
Keywords: Young Life, Ann Arbor , Staff Associate I (College) Ann Arbor, MI, Other , Ann Arbor, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!