Company: University Of Michigan
Location: Ann Arbor
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Clicking "Apply Now" opens the link in a new window.
The mission of the University of Michigan is to serve the people
of Michigan and the world through preeminence in creating,
communicating, preserving and applying knowledge, art, and academic
values, and in developing leaders and citizens who will challenge
the present and enrich the future. The University of Michigan is
committed to foster learning, creativity and productivity, and to
support the vigorous exchange of ideas and information, not only in
the classroom but in the workplace by:
- Creating a work environment in which people treat each other
with respect and dignity, regardless of roles, responsibilities or
- Providing support, direction and resources enabling us to
accomplish the responsibilities of our jobs and to reach the goals
that are set for professional and personal growth.
- Organize and manage mouse colonies
- Animal experimentation including the phenotyping of mice such
as Insulin Tolerance Tests and blood glucose measurements
- Perform biochemical and molecular analyses such as RT-qPCR and
western blotting on tissue samples and tissue culture
- Section and mount samples for microscopic analysis
- Supervise undergraduates on lab chores and house-keeping
- Lab ordering and other lab management duties including the
handling of safety inspections
This is a full-time position.
Highly motivated applicant with excellent multitasking and
- Bachelor's degree in biological sciences or related field.
- Desire to become involved in research projects focusing on
liver metabolism and diet or alcohol-induced liver disease.
- Prior mouse-handling experience is a plus (although not
Medical/Graduate school applicants in gap year are preferred.
Strong recommendation letters are required before the
40 hours a week, some weekends
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and
pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a
contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to
conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed
in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act. Pre-employment drug
testing applies to all selected candidates, including new or
additional faculty and staff appointments, as well as transfers
from other U-M campuses.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative
RES ASSOC I (TEMP)
Ann Arbor Campus
Ann Arbor, MI
MM Molec & Integratv Physiolog
3/31/2021 - 5/15/2021
Temporary Job Opening
Keywords: University Of Michigan, Ann Arbor , Research Assoc,(TEMP), Other , Ann Arbor, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!