Civil Engineering Internship
Company: Atwell, LLC
Location: Ann Arbor
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Atwell is a full-service consulting, engineering and
construction services firm that delivers a broad range of creative
solutions to clients in the real estate and land development, power
and energy, oil and gas, industrial and manufacturing, and mining
and metals markets. We provide comprehensive turnkey professional
services including engineering, planning, surveying, landscape
architecture, environmental consulting, natural resources services,
program management and construction services to a diverse blend of
clients. We are hiring interns for Summer 2019. We hire students
from all different backgrounds that are looking to develop and
learn the skill sets that are needed to be successful in their
The Engineering Intern position is an entry level
engineeringposition working under direct management supervision to
support a project team working on Civil Engineering and Land
Development projects.Typical Duties:
- Provide support to senior engineers by using Auto CAD and
understanding plan interpretations.
- Provide project support by assisting in drafting documents and
computations including, but not limited to: due diligence/site
analysis reports, engineers opinion of probable costs, project
schedules, utility computations, as well as, local and state permit
- Conduct research as directed on properties and projects for
zoning, local/state requirements Complete site visits and field
assignments as required.
- Assist in providing construction-related services such as: permit
applications, construction plans and other related construction
- Communicate with Project Manager and Team Leader on workload
status in order to meet designated changeability goals.
Skills & Knowledge / Education & Experience:
- Currently a student in a Civil Engineering or Survey program at a
University or Technical School.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Entry level experience with Auto CAD is highly preferred
- Basic understanding of plan interpretation
- Experience with Auto CAD Civil 3-D a plus
- Proven ability to work well both within a team and independently
Personality & Cultural Fit:
- Independent yet Collaborative
- Creative Problem Solver
- Natural Communicator
- Results Oriented
- Client Focused
Keywords: Atwell, LLC, Ann Arbor , Civil Engineering Internship, Other , Ann Arbor, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!