Zingerman's Delicatessen is looking for high energy individuals
to make the best sandwiches in the country! We are a popular
restaurant, known for our traditionally made, full flavored foods
and commitment to great customer service. The Sandwich Line team
makes sandwiches, but also contributes to improve the safety,
quality, simplicity, and speed of our systems and processes. Tasks
vary throughout the day and we work together as a team.
Compensation ranges from $14-$18 to start (including tips) and
includes a wide range of benefits. Join our team and find out why
our staff say "this is the best job" they've ever had!
What kinds of things do you do in this job? There are a lot of
jobs on the sandwich line! Some of them include:
- Replenishers, who hustle to make sure the line is stocked and
equipped with the best ingredients.
- Slicers, who handle the world's best bread and meat, and cut
them to order
- Sandwich makers, who assemble the ingredients into the finished
- Expeditors, who accurately piece together all parts of guests
orders for delivery
This is a full-time (5 days, around 32-40 hours a week) that
pays $14-$18/hour to start (includes tips). Wage increases after
training, based on demonstration, and can increase beyond as skill
Shifts start as early as 9am, and go as late as 8:30 pm.
Those hired will need to work most weekends and have reliable
transportation to work. To succeed in this position you must be
adaptive and enjoy change in a super fun, fast paced environment.
Benefits are available upon completion of orientation requirements.
Demonstrated awesomeness in station proficiency, teamwork and
service is rewarded.
Safety at Zingerman's Deli
The health and safety of our staff is our greatest priority. We
are adamantly following the guidelines and directives from the CDC,
Washtenaw County, the State of Michigan and other experts. We are
focusing on screening, sanitizing and distancing in our
- We are screening everyone who comes to work each day for
- All staff members wear masks at all times inside our
- We are sanitizing all touched surfaces every two hours.
- We have set up safe working distances for every employee.
- We practice social distancing of a minimum of 6 feet from each
Our performance expectations are:
- Maintains a clean and sanitary work space
- Practices good personal hygiene, follows all Deli personal
- Happily assists co-workers with anything that is necessary or
- Works with super positive energy!
- Asks questions, and for help whenever necessary
The Success Patterns for this position are:
- Loves to learn
- Exhibits strong organizational skills
- Works well as part of a team
- Makes food to quality and portion specifications following
- Is punctual - being late drives you crazy
- Is able to lift 20 pounds comfortably, and be on your feet for
an 8 hour shift.
- Is fun to work with!
- Feels passionate about giving great customer service to
co-workers and guests
- Takes pride in being consistent
- Works hard to uphold Zingerman's fantastic reputation for great
- Relentless enthusiasm for examining and improving the work
- Hates to let a problem go. You want to fix it before it leaves
- Offers and can accept constructive feedback
- Is able to follow a standardized procedure, but enjoys working
with a team to make it better
- Displays a mindfulness and a sense of reflection - wants to get
a little better, every day.
Zingerman's is committed to providing a diverse and inclusive
work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
At Zingerman's all individuals are welcomed, treated respectfully
and fairly, have equal access to opportunities and resources, and
can contribute fully to the organization's success. We are a place
where we can be ourselves at work, bringing our uniqueness to the
business while fulfilling our work duties. Want to learn more?
Check our commitment to diversity link below: