Associate Director of Digital Marketing
Company: University Of Michigan
Location: Ann Arbor
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Clicking "Apply Now" opens the link in a new window.
How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position
and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover
letter should address your specific interest in the position and
outline skills and experience that directly relate to this
The Associate Director of Digital Marketing plays a key role on
the Digital Marketing team and is responsible for executing email
marketing campaigns and contributing to the overall digital
marketing efforts of Michigan Athletics and its 29 sport programs.
This role requires a creative individual who can think
strategically while executing content and balancing priorities. In
this role you will work with the Director of Digital Marketing and
be part of the Marketing, Ticketing, and Fan Experience team while
collaborating across the entire External Operations department. All
members of the External Operations department are committed to our
mission: to connect, inspire and engage the Michigan Athletics
community in order to support and enhance the University of
Michigan and the Athletic department.
Email Marketing Execution and Strategy (50%)
- Responsible for managing and building key audience segments of
the Michigan Athletics community through email marketing and
- Coordinate with the ticket office, fan experience,
communications, and the creative team to build outgoing email
solicitations to drive ticket sales and improve communications with
fans and season ticket holders.
- Assist in building strategy and best practices as it relates to
email marketing and communications.
- Measure results and track metrics to improve campaigns and
report on email performance.
- Update and maintain back-end system data and account in the
email marketing platform.
- Research trends and explore improvements to email marketing
techniques (e.g. personalization, A/B Testing, behavior-based
campaigns, customer journeys, and dynamic content).
Digital Marketing Collaboration and Execution (25%)
- Responsible for coordinating digital marketing messaging and
efforts across owned and paid digital assets.
- Work in coordination with the digital communications team to
update MGoBlue.com - our primary website - to reflect current
marketing, promotional, and revenue generation priorities.
- Work with our ticketing partner to maintain and update
marketing needs on our e-commerce website that reflect current and
future marketing priorities.
- Collaborate with the digital communications team to ensure
coordination of marketing effort across Michigan Athletics social
media handles (i.e. Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat and
- Promote, update and utilize our new mobile app as a key
component of the digital marketing mix.
Project Management, Collaboration and Strategic Improvement
- Ensure proper timelines are built and maintained for current
and future marketing campaigns.
- Assist in developing marketing plans that reflect Michigan
Athletics' goals and achieve departmental priorities.
- Document and track campaign progress to monitor success and
benchmark future efforts.
- Collaborate with Creative and Video staff to develop impactful
- Work with the external operations team to evaluate the current
digital landscape as well as future trends to enhance and grow
- Conduct research, networking and learning to improve digital
marketing subject-matter expertise.
- Work with our multimedia rights holder (Learfield/IMG College)
to enhance and integrate partner messaging across our digital
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, communications or related
- At least three (3) years professional experience in marketing
- At least two (2) years professional experience in email
marketing and e-commerce.
- An in-depth understanding of digital assets including, but not
limited to website creation and management, digital marketing
strategies, and social media.
- An in-depth understanding of design, branding and how to
visually communicate with a variety of audience segments.
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, Illustrator,
Dreamweaver, etc.) as well as prior knowledge of email marketing
- Experience with website and mobile app content management
- Experience with Paciolan ticket system and SIDEARM CMS.
- Experience with Google Analytics.
- Passion for the University of Michigan, Michigan Athletics and
The University of Michigan Athletic Department is dedicated to
building a department culture which demonstrates respect for all,
shows compassion for others, and celebrates the differences among
our staff, student-athletes, and supporters. We are committed to
the hiring and development of diverse staff who contribute to an
In addition to a career filled with purpose and opportunity, The
University of Michigan offers a comprehensive benefits package to
help you stay well, protect yourself and your family and plan for a
secure future. Benefits include:
- Generous time off
- A retirement plan that provides two-for-one matching
contributions with immediate vesting
- Many choices for comprehensive health insurance
- Life insurance
- Long-term disability coverage
- Flexible spending accounts for healthcare and dependent care
The University of Michigan conducts background checks on all job
candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer and may use a
third party administrator to conduct background checks. Background
checks are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative
Associate Director of Digital Marketing
Ann Arbor Campus
Ann Arbor, MI
5/20/2021 - 6/04/2021
$50,000.00 - $60,000.00
Communications & Marketing
Keywords: University Of Michigan, Ann Arbor , Associate Director of Digital Marketing, Other , Ann Arbor, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!