12 Hour Night Shift
An Opportunity to Join our Remarkable Care Team!
Saint Joseph Mercy Health System, one of the nation's top health
care services providers, spanning five counties in Southeastern
Michigan. SJMHS represents more than 2,700 physicians and 14,000
nurses and staff, and includes 6 Hospitals, 5 Outpatient Health
Centers, 8 Urgent Care Facilities and over 25 Specialty
- Competitive compensation
- Full benefits package including Medical, Dental, Vision, PTO,
Life Insurance and Disability
- Retirement savings plan with employer contribution
- Opportunity for growth and advancement throughout SJMHS and
The Saint Joseph Mercy Health System Labor and Delivery
department is a 24-hour inpatient unit consisting of 12
Labor-Delivery-Recovery suites, 4 perinatal suites, 6 Antepartum
suites, 3 Operating suites, a 4 bed recovery room and a 7 station
triage area. Labor and Delivery provides Inpatient and outpatient
low and high-risk perinatal care, prenatal testing and treatment,
antepartum, intrapartum and postpartum care, transitional and
normal newborn care and pregnancy loss services.
Provides quality patient centered care considering age specific,
developmental, cultural and spiritual needs through competent
clinical practice and application of the nursing process.
Consistently integrates concepts of relationship based care into
practice. Serves as a clinical and educational resource to others
on the unit. Assumes accountability for nursing care of designated
patients. Demonstrates unit/area-designated competencies.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
- Gathers and analyzes patient information
- Develops, implements, evaluates and revises an individualized
plan of care
- Uses teach back methodology to educate patient and family
- Actively seeks to prevent potential hospital acquired
- Effectively communicates patient status, priority goals and
interventions during consultations, rounds and handoffs
- Follows all HIPAA policies and procedures
- Behaves in accordance with the Mission, Vision and Values of
St. Joseph Mercy Hospitals
- Graduation from accredited nursing program.
- Effective January 1, 2013 all new hires must have a BSN degree
or must agree in writing to obtain their BSN within five (5) years
from date of hire or transfer to an RN role.
- Knowledge of nursing theory, practice and age specific
- Interpersonal skills necessary to initiate and maintain
collegial relationships with coworkers and therapeutic
relationships with patients and families.
- Critical thinking skills necessary to perform principal duties
and responsibilities of job description.
- Ability to concentrate and pay close attention to detail when
planning and performing professional nursing care.
- Requires current Michigan Nursing License
Visit www.stjoeshealth.org/careers to learn more about the
benefits, culture and career development opportunities available to
you at Saint Joseph Mercy Health System.
Trinity Health's Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Trinity Health employs about 133,000 colleagues at dozens of
hospitals and hundreds of health centers in 22 states. Because we
serve diverse populations, our colleagues are trained to recognize
the cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and
health practices of the communities that we serve and to apply that
knowledge to produce positive health outcomes. We also recognize
that each of us has a different way of thinking and perceiving our
world and that these differences often lead to innovative
Trinity Health's dedication to diversity includes a unified
workforce (through training and education, recruitment, retention
and development), commitment and accountability, communication,
community partnerships, and supplier diversity.