Contract Manufacturing Associate, Instrument - 1st shift
Company: Qiagen N.V
Location: Ann Arbor
Posted on: June 7, 2021
At the heart of QIAGEN's business is a vision to make
improvements in life possible. We are on an exciting mission to
make a real difference in science and healthcare. We are still the
entrepreneurial company we started out as and have today achieved a
size where we can bring our full power to many initiatives and to
our presence across the globe. Our most valuable asset are our
employees - more than 5000 in over 35 locations around the world.
Our ambition is to ensure we have outstanding and passionate people
working in the best teams and we are constantly looking for new
talent to join us. There are few players who have shaped the world
of modern science and healthcare as much as QIAGEN, and we have
only just started. If you are looking to advance your career, are
seeking new challenges and opportunities, enjoy working in dynamic
and international, diverse teams and want to make a real impact on
people's lives, then QIAGEN is where you need to be.
Join us. At QIAGEN, you make a difference every day.
- Manufacturing Associates are required to have a strong
knowledge of manufacturing methods and techniques, process
development experience, work flow understanding, ability to read
drawings, and to test and calibrate instruments, and troubleshoot
electromechanical and optical assemblies.
- In this position, Manufacturing Associates, will maintain
manufacturing equipment, create work instructions, train others,
often be asked to contribute to or lead projects, be cross
functionally trained to work in several areas as needed.
- This role requires a self-starter, ability to work
independently, understanding of departmental goals-working as a
team to achieve those goals within set timelines. Has worked in
medical device and has background testing IVD instrumentation
- Perform Instrument Assembly in accordance with Assembly
Drawings and Work Instructions.
- Carry out work in accordance with defined Quality Management
System procedures and be fully supportive of Quality
- Support general Manufacturing objectives.
- Support systems development regarding pilot instrument
- Assist in maintaining fixtures, assembly tools, assembly
instrumentation and manufacturing aids.
- Be committed to following and supporting safety practices.
- Prepares for production by reviewing work orders and production
schedule, studying and clarifying specifications; calculating parts
requirements; collecting materials and supplies. Set-up equipment
necessary for different work orders.
- Documents production by completing applicable forms, reports,
logs, and records equipment and batches using GDP practices.
- Keeps work areas clean and organized, keeping with 5S
- Contributes to Continuous Improvement efforts; Identify and
help implement process, procedure, safety improvements.
- Complete and maintain training records within expected
- Maintain functional understanding of cGMP's and the impact of
deviation from controlled processes and/or procedures. Participate
in investigations as needed.
- Maintain inventory; be familiar with Kan Ban, and FIFO. May be
required to complete inventory counting, kit pulling, and to handle
- Completes other tasks as needed.
- High school degree plus 5 years relevant work experience; or
technical associates/college degree and 2 years relevant work
- Experience working with optics, PCBs or other
electrical/mechanical assembly preferred
What we offer
At the heart of QIAGEN are our people who drive our success. We
act with passion, always challenging the status quo to drive
innovation and continuous improvement. We inspire with our
leadership and make an impact with our actions. We create a
collaborative, safe and engaging workplace which forms the basis
for high performing individuals and teams. We drive accountability
and entrepreneurial decision-making and want you to excel your
growth and shape the future of QIAGEN.
QIAGEN is committed to creating a diverse environment and is
proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical
conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), sex
stereotyping (including but not limited to assumptions about a
person's appearance or behavior, gender roles, gender expression,
or gender identity), gender, gender identity, gender expression,
national origin, age, mental or physical disability, ancestry,
medical condition, marital status, military or veteran status,
citizenship status, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any
other status protected by applicable law.
Keywords: Qiagen N.V, Ann Arbor , Contract Manufacturing Associate, Instrument - 1st shift, Other , Ann Arbor, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!