Clicking "Apply Now" opens the link in a new window.
How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position
and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover
letter should address your specific interest in the position and
outline skills and experience that directly relate to this
The Domino's Farm Medical Dermatology ACU is seeking a
compassionate, enthusiastic, and patient-focused individual to join
our team and provide direct patient care. This may include
performing and assisting with clinical procedures, maintaining
equipment, and performing laboratory procedures.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations
and communities through excellence in education, patient care,
community service, research and technology development, and through
leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally.
Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three
critical components; patient care, education and research that
together enhance our contribution to society.
MA duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Taking vitals, accurately updating medications and other
information in the electronic medical record, prepping patient and
physicians for procedures, and maintaining clinic flow.
- Ensuring appropriate infection control protocol is
- Properly managing equipment to ensure it is well-maintained and
ready for use.
- Problem-solve issues related to the retrieval of medical
- Assist with complex procedures, requiring knowledge of varied
equipment. Various tests and procedures. Perform complex specimen
- Provide routine but complex instructions for patient procedures
and treatments as delegated by providers and nurses.
- Provide care for patients scheduled on MA schedule (e.g. suture
- Maintain, order, and stock clinical supplies and
- Confirm and provide necessary follow up on patients in
- Assist with lab monitoring tasks in Avitracks and MiChart.
- Provide coverage for prior authorization work when needed.
- Provide cross coverage to all Dermatology clinics when
- Perform other duties as described.
- Graduation from a Medical Assistant program or an equivalent
combination of education and experience.
- Documented history of excellent attendance and punctuality
along with excellent customer relations.
- Effective time management skills and the ability to work with
- Competency in computer programs, telephone etiquette, and other
- Ability to work in a high volume, fast paced clinic.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and problem solving
- Demonstrated ability in commitment and compliance to the MM
policies and procedures.
- Ability to work well within a team setting.
- Certificate of completion from a Medical Assistant
- Recent ambulatory medical assistant experience (within last 2-3
- Experience with Dermatology procedures.
- Experience with MiChart (Epic).
- Proficiency with Microsoft Outlook and Skype.
- Knowledge of Michigan Medicine Policies, Procedures, and
Day shift, 40 hours, Monday - Friday with some weekends and
evenings as needed.
Relocation will not be offered for this position.
This description is intended to indicate the kinds of tasks and
levels of work difficulty that will be required of positions that
will be given this title and shall not be construed as declaring
what the specific duties and responsibilities of any particular
position shall be. It is not intended to limit or in any way modify
the right of any supervisor to assign, direct, and control the work
of employees under his supervision. The use of a particular
expression or illustration describing duties shall not be held to
exclude other duties not mentioned that are of a similar kind or
level of difficulty.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and
pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a
contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to
conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed
in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act. Pre-employment drug
testing applies to all selected candidates, including new or
additional faculty and staff appointments, as well as transfers
from other U-M campuses.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative
Medical Assistant (TEMP)
MEDICAL ASSISTANT (TEMP)
Michigan Medicine - Health Sys
Ann Arbor, MI
MM Domino Med Derm Facility
5/11/2021 - 6/07/2021
Temporary Job Opening