Company: Whole Foods
Location: Ann Arbor
Posted on: June 7, 2021
Performs all duties related to preparing and baking products
that are consistent with WFM quality standards. All Whole Foods
Market Retail jobs require ensuring a positive company image by
providing courteous, friendly, and efficient service to customers
and Team Members at all times. All positions must be performed in
accordance with team and store Standard Operating Procedures.
Further, Team Members must be prepared and able to perform the
duties inherent in other Team Member job descriptions. All
positions must strive to support WFM core values and goals, promote
national, regional, and store programs and initiatives, and ensure
adherence to all applicable health and safety regulations including
Food Safety and regulatory duties required in the department.
- Measures, mixes, and prepares raw materials according to
company specifications and recipes.
- Forms, cuts, molds, shapes, and bakes dough.
- Monitors cooking completion times and sets heat and humidity
temperatures for proof box.
- Checks product to ensure it meets WFM quality standards.
- Ensures temp, sweep, and sanitation logs are completed.
- Arrives to work station on time, appropriately groomed, dressed
and ready to work; works all scheduled shifts and attends required
trainings and meetings.
- Provides excellent customer service, addresses needs of
customers in a timely and effective manner and models suggestive
selling techniques; answers phones and pages promptly and
- Maximizes sales potential through effective and proper
procedures for prepping, storing, rotating, stocking, and
- Follows and complies, or ensures compliance, with established
procedures, including Weights and Measures, health and sanitation,
and safe work practices.
- Maintains, or ensures maintenance of, a clean and sanitary
working and shopping environment; maintains equipment in accordance
with WFM cleanliness and safety standards.
- Performs opening, mid, and closing duties as assigned; ensures
accuracy of signs and pricing.
- Immediately reports safety hazards and violations.
- Performs other duties as assigned by store, regional, or
- 6-12 months retail experience.
Physical Requirements / Working Conditions
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
- In an 8-hour work day: standing/walking 6-8 hours.
- Hand use: single grasping, fine manipulation, pushing and
- Work requires the following motions: bending, twisting,
squatting and reaching.
- Exposure to FDA approved cleaning chemicals.
- Exposure to temperatures: <32 degrees Fahrenheit (freezing),
32-40 degrees Fahrenheit (refrigerators), >90 degrees
- Ability to work in wet and dry conditions.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends,
and holidays as needed.
- Ability to use tools and equipment, including knives, box
cutters, electric pallet jacks, and other heavy machinery.
- May require use of ladders.
Note: The purpose of this document is to provide a general
summary of essential responsibilities for the position and is not
meant as an exhaustive list. This document does not reflect all job
duties or requirements for every position. Requirements build as
one progresses through the job levels, so any job duties required
at a lower level may be required at the higher level in addition to
the duties listed for that higher level. Duties, assignments, and
other responsibilities may differ for similar positions based on
business conditions, departmental or geographic location, and/or
needs for the particular position. An individual must demonstrate
successful performance in their current position before being
considered for promotion. In addition, in order to promote into a
higher-level position, a business need for the promotion must exist
and the candidate must be considered the most qualified person for
the new position. Completion of certain milestones such as
obtaining an advanced degree or certification, time in current
position, or developing skills to perform at the higher-level role
do not guarantee a promotion.
At Whole Foods Market, we provide a fair and equal employment
opportunity for all Team Members and candidates regardless of race,
color, religion, national origin, gender, pregnancy, sexual
orientation, gender identity/expression, age, marital status,
disability, or any other legally protected characteristic. Whole
Foods Market hires and promotes individuals solely based on
qualifications for the position to be filled and business
Keywords: Whole Foods, Ann Arbor , Full-Time Baker, Other , Ann Arbor, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!