Logistics done differently.
At XPO Logistics, our employees take pride in their work and
show dedication to their job. As the Specialist, Logistics, you
will be responsible for providing logistics support, including
order entry, routing and dispatching, and traffic coordination to
the NAT-Brokerage operations. If you're looking for a growth
opportunity, join us at XPO.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive
compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health
insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance,
disability and more.
What you'll do on a typical day:
- Maintain customer profile information and enter loads from
customer tenders into the McCleod system
- Update account managers on problem loads and what actions have
been taken; update receivers and customers on status of loads
- Monitor daily pick-ups and deliveries; verify that loads have
arrived on time and in good condition
- Take check calls from drivers, ensuring that loads will deliver
on time; validate all load data prior to marking loads delivered,
for accounting purposes
- Investigate product overages, shortages, damages, and complete
- Schedule and reschedule delivery appointments for all loads;
accept or decline loads based on direction from account
- Provide detailed directions and instructions to properly route
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you'll need:
- 1 year of logistics experience
- General knowledge of the transportation industry
It'd be great if you also have:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Experience writing routine reports and correspondence
- The ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out
instructions furnished in written, verbal or diagram form
Be part of something big.
XPO is a leading provider of cutting-edge supply chain solutions
to the most successful companies in the world. We help our
customers manage their goods most efficiently using our technology
and services. Our greatest strength is our global team - energetic,
innovative people of all experience levels and talents who make XPO
a great place to work.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or
other protected status.
XPO adheres to CDC, OSHA and state and local requirements
regarding COVID safety. All employees and visitors are expected to
comply with XPO policies which are in place to safeguard our
employees and customers.
All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment may
be required to take and pass a pre-employment drug test.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
and level of work being performed by people assigned to this
classification. They are not intended to be construed as an
exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required
of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to
perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time
to time, as needed.
Nearest Major Market: Ann Arbor
Nearest Secondary Market: Detroit
Job Segment: Logistics, Supply, Supply Chain, Operations
Apply now "
Find similar jobs:
XPO Pride, Veteran Opportunities, University - Entry-level,