Administrative Assistant Intermediate
Company: University Of Michigan
Location: Ann Arbor
Posted on: June 7, 2021
Clicking "Apply Now" opens the link in a new window.
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please upload your resume and cover
letter as one document.
Your application packet should include:
The scope of responsibilities will be distributed as
50% Support for the program director
Calendaring, administrative and communication needs
Committee and meeting support
- Provide administrative support for CSHPE PhD and MA admissions
committees including staffing meetings, drafting agendas and
- Assist with monthly CSHPE faculty meeting including preparing
and distributing agendas and materials, , etc.
- At the director's request, arrange meetings with groups of
students, arranging for catering, preparation and follow up after
- To support the mission of this academic program, assist the
Director with projects specific to the improvement of
student-centered programming and curriculum projects.
15% Faculty and Student Support
- CSHPE seeks to provide an inclusive, supportive community for
students, staff, faculty, and visitors. This position is physically
located in the main CSHPE office shared suite.
- Provide support services to students (e.g., directing students
to resources to address their academic needs, supporting student
programs and initiatives, and obtaining director's signature on
forms, preparing and distributing student annual review
- Provide administrative support services to faculty
- Manage files and records
- On behalf of faculty, work with shared services to reconcile
P-cards and prepare travel and hosting expense reports.
- Provide administrative support for the Ph.D. Qualifying Paper
(e.g., developing individual student timelines, tracking progress,
- Process vendor payments
- Process reimbursements
25% Office Administration
- Serve as a first point of contact for the Center by answering
the phone, answering general email questions, and interacting with
- Support CSHPE events
- Maintain CSHPE email groups and student database. Create new
student files. Assign CSHPE mailboxes.
- Responsible for general office tasks such as processing the
Center's mail, making copies, ensuring communal areas such as the
main office and the CSHPE lounge are kept stocked and clean,
responding to equipment malfunctions; ordering office supplies;
scheduling CSHPE conference room; other relevant duties as
Who We Are
The Center for the Study of Higher and Postsecondary Education
(CSHPE) seeks a staff member to fill the role of intermediate
administrative assistant. Part of the School of Education (SoE),
CSHPE has a long history as a distinguished academic program in the
field of higher education. Our main goal for graduate training is
to prepare individuals for leadership in shaping the future of
higher education through generating and applying knowledge,
advancing the role of higher education in supporting the public
good, and improving institutional practice. Graduates assume a wide
variety of roles and work on key activities such as admissions,
advising, administration and policy analysis. The administrative
assistant intermediate plays a crucial role in the successful
support of the program's leadership. This position reports to the
Managing Director of CSHPE.
- Associate's or Bachelor's Degree and 2-5 years of full-time
- Ability to work with a diverse environment of colleagues and
students representing diverse populations (e.g. nationality, race,
ethnicity, religion, gender identity, gender expression, sexual
orientation, abilities, class, and other social identities).
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative on projects and work
independently as needed.
- High attention to detail and follow-through; ability to handle
highly sensitive and confidential matters in a discreet manner and
- Excellent attendance pattern.
- Bachelor's degree and two or more years of experience working
in higher education and with university systems.
- Experience with successful programs to improve access and
success for underrepresented students is preferred.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days.
The review and selection process may begin as early as the eighth
day after posting. This opening may be removed from posting boards
and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative
Administrative Assistant Intermediate
Administrative Assistant Inter
Ann Arbor Campus
Ann Arbor, MI
5/25/2021 - 6/08/2021
$38,000.00 - $48,000.00
Keywords: University Of Michigan, Ann Arbor , Administrative Assistant Intermediate, Other , Ann Arbor, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!