Shift Lead VT - 000695
Company: Banfield Pet Hospital
Location: Ann Arbor
Posted on: June 8, 2021
Banfield aspires to be a practice where as a team, we make a
positive impact on pet health care in hospitals, communities, and
the field of veterinary medicine. And, we believe hiring people
with diverse perspectives, ideas, and cultures, permits us to
deliver to the highest quality of preventive care.
As a Banfield veterinary technician, you will work alongside pet
health care industry experts to make a difference in the lives of
the pets and clients we serve. With the chance to utilize your
veterinary knowledge, communication skills, and love for pets, this
role will afford you the opportunity to define a clear career path
for continued growth and learning.
- Actively recruit new clients by promoting hospital services,
Optimum Wellness Plans, preventative care and pet health
- Manage routing the flow of clients and pets to ensure superior
client care and maximum productivity of the veterinary medical
- Provide professional, efficient and exceptional service at all
times. This includes encouraging hospital visits, welcoming clients
and pets, ensuring that they are comfortable in the hospital,
educating them about their pet's health, performing or preparing
procedures that do not require veterinarian assistance, completing
preparatory work for other procedures, and monitoring hospitalized
or surgical pets.
- Assist incoming clients by completing the required
documentation, entering all pet information and history in the
computer, utilizing proper collars and tags for identification, and
ensuring prompt service.
- Assist outgoing clients by providing all necessary
instructions, information and invoices, dispensing prescription
items per the veterinarian's instructions, selling retail products
and scheduling future appointments.
- Manage the finances by maintaining accurate balances and
utilizing proper opening and closing procedures.
- Act as the extra eyes, ears and hands for the veterinarian to
ensure the best quality pet care and to maximize the veterinarian's
productivity and communicate with the other associates to maintain
the flow of patients.
- Obtain relevant information and history from clients and
maintain proper and complete medical charts.
- Ensure the safety of pets, clients and associates by utilizing
safe restraining techniques, following standard protocols, and
maintaining clean, sterile and organized treatment areas, exam
rooms and labs.
- Assist with surgery as applicable.
- Train and mentor new paraprofessional associates.
- Quality check medical records, go home medications, regulatory
documentations, hospital cleanliness, and timeliness of doctors
seeing exam room patients.
- Utilize technical skills to the fullest, within state practice
acts regarding the duties of credentialed veterinary technicians.
Conduct administrative functions as necessary.
- Assist Practice Manager in developing an efficient, productive
hospital team that provides the highest quality care and service to
the most pets and clients, following all Banfield protocols and
practices, as well as all local, state and federal laws, focusing
the team to achieve practice priorities while building our culture
- Support Practice Manager in hospital labor management
- May assist Practice Manager in the selection, training, and
day-to-day supervision of the paraprofessional team
- Assist Practice Manager in creating an environment where a team
can deliver quality, efficient and effective veterinary care to
- Provide effective communication between associates, clients,
hospital leadership and Central Team Support.
- Ensure all hospital associates adhere to Banfield dress and
- Prepare whole team on cases scheduled for the day, assist with
any transfers of cases from day before or external referrals to
provide continuity of care, triage the treatment board.
- Assist Practice Manager in identifying potential "bottlenecks"
and formulating solutions to remove barriers in medical operations
that would impede the doctors in providing world class preventive
care and client service.
- Confer with field leadership and assist with client resolution
decisions, invoice adjustments and client experience
- Address broken equipment issues and assist in inventory
Veterinary Technician Certification or Licensure (CVT, RVT, LVT,
Associate's or Bachelor's degree from an AVMA accredited
veterinary technology program.
Commitment beyond qualifications
Being a veterinary technician requires much more than AVMA
certified credentials. It means bringing your talents, skills,
dedication, and a desire for developing alongside your peers. But,
most importantly, it means showing up each day with a passion for
pets and working with others who believe preventive care is the key
to helping pets achieve long and healthy lives.
As we do with all our associates, we look to our vet techs to
adopt our Five Principles - Quality, Responsibility, Mutuality,
Efficiency and Freedom. And, while your on-paper qualifications are
of course important, we actively seek out vet techs who thrive on
delivering outstanding client and pet experiences.
Your wellbeing matters.
We know that your real passion for pet well-being is why you
chose this profession. At Banfield, we believe it is just as
important to support the well-being of those who devote their lives
to this cause. Through our extensive network and support structure,
Banfield offers a wide array of benefits and programs, empowering
you to focus on yourself and your family, as you care for pets and
As a Banfield vet tech, we want you to take full advantage of
work and play through:
- Competitive salary with paid time off
- Medical, dental, vision and prescription drug benefits for you
and eligible dependents
- Automatic enrollment in 401(k) Savings Plan after 60 days of
- Health Savings Account with annual practice-paid funding of
$750 to supplement health care expenses
- Automatic enrollment in 100% practice paid short- and long-term
disability after 60 days of employment - includes maternity
- Optimum Wellness Plans (OWPs) for up to three pets
- A variety of discounts including Mars, PetSmart, Royal Canin,
fitness, cellular, and so much more
Potential as Big as Your Passion
Whether you are a newly certified or an experienced vet tech, a
job at Banfield opens the door to exploring the next best move in
your career. We are committed to helping you grow as a vet tech by
- Performance Development Plans (PDP) designed to help you define
and achieve your career goals
- Practice-paid continuing education opportunities along with the
opportunity to attend partner conferences
- Free membership to NAVTA, practice-paid subscription to
VetFolio, and a 50% discount for VetGirl
- Opportunities to lend your skills to the local communities
where you live and serve
- Ability to grow into leadership roles at the field and practice
Support that helps you thrive
We've created a structure that includes leadership and support
at the hospital level, in the field, and at our headquarters, all
with one goal in mind: helping you deliver quality care for all
Commitment to community wellness
Through volunteering efforts, and our programs designed to
benefit local shelters and rescues, we strengthen the pet-human
connections in our communities. Discover how we support the
wellbeing of our people and profession through the Mars Volunteer
So, what are you waiting for?
Make your move and apply today!
Banfield Pet Hospital strongly supports and values the
uniqueness of all individuals and promotes a work environment where
diversity is embraced. Banfield Pet Hospital is an equal
opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, religion,
color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
age, genetic information, or protected veteran status. If you have
a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please
let us know. Banfield Pet Hospital follows all applicable federal,
state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in
every Banfield location.
Keywords: Banfield Pet Hospital, Ann Arbor , Shift Lead VT - 000695, Other , Ann Arbor, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!