Quality Software Engineer
Location: Ann Arbor
Posted on: June 8, 2021
Quality Software Engineer
Ann Arbor, MI
Are you excited to be a part of a great quality engineering team
and improve the ways people learn and do research? We make
knowledge accessible to millions of users globally through our
innovative platform every day. Come help ITHAKA expand our mission
and build the next generation of JSTOR.
The Quality Software Engineering team is a dynamic and flexible
group that works to ensure product and methods quality for all new
development initiatives by emphasizing continuous process
improvement, user focus, defect prevention and detection
strategies. Our Quality Software Engineers are responsible for
feature/function validation and verification while also building
and maintaining automation infrastructures and test suites in a
Continuous Integration (CI)/Continuous Delivery (CD) environment.
You will work closely with product managers, developers and
architects to design great user stories and to translate success
criteria to testable technical deliverables which support business
goals and organizational KPI's.
- Using engineering best practices, design and develop test
automation frameworks and scripts for UI, database and ReSTful
services across multiple products and services.
- Contribute to code design and tooling strategies taking into
account our context and constraints.
- Guide your team and foster a culture of accountability helping
them to discuss and decide together desired quality standards and
- Perform user story validation including the use of exploratory
- Interface closely with engineers to ensure applications are
designed to be testable.
- Ensure that test automation follows a consistent, maintainable,
and extendable architecture.
- Run automation suites and evaluate results as builds that are
deployed to the test environment, ensuring bug reports are
submitted and tracked in accordance with unit procedures.
- Identify and clearly document errors and inconsistencies in the
functionality, usability, and performance of the software using
defect tracking tools.
- Clearly communicate test activities, escalation of problems,
improvement opportunities and results in oral and written methods
for a diverse audience.
- Adhere to agile methodologies and foster collaboration and
continuous improvements on your scrum team.
Experience and Skills
- BS in Computer Science or a related technical field or
equivalent practical experience including a minimum of 2 years'
experience in software testing; 2 years in web or service endpoint
and data integrity testing; 1-2 years developing automated test
scripts in a professional software development environment.
- Intermediate object-oriented programming skills.
- Experience building automation frameworks.
- Able to create basic performance test scripts for UI and web
- Able to write automated tests using a language such as Ruby,
Python, or Java.
- Proficient with test automation approaches and processes
(tools/technology preferences include Cucumber, Selenium,
Kubernetes/Docker, GitHub, JSON, Jenkins, Gatling, and JIRA).
- Experience working in an environment where Acceptance Test
Driven Development (ATDD) and Test Driven Development (TDD)
practices are leveraged within a continuous delivery
- Working knowledge of debugging and root cause analysis.
- Team player with an ability to work collaboratively with
Work for ITHAKA
We are committed to our organizational values of belonging,
evidence, speed, teamwork, and trust.
Our team is passionate about our mission and supporting one
another. We enjoy working together to create opportunities for
people to learn and grow out in the world, and we bring that same
commitment to helping our teammates develop in our careers and our
lives. One of our core values is belonging. We embrace differences,
and believe that the things that make each of us unique are the
things that help us see new insights and build better
Learn more about Working at ITHAKA.
Interested candidates can submit their resume, a detailed cover
letter, and salary requirements.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
employer. All qualified applicants receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin,
gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, domestic
violence victim status, veteran status, disability, history of
disability or perceived disability, or other status protected by
Keywords: ITHAKA, Ann Arbor , Quality Software Engineer, Other , Ann Arbor, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!