CT Technologist / Contingent
Company: Henry Ford Hospital
Posted on: June 8, 2021
Under general supervision, specializes in the performance of
computerized tomographic radiological procedures on patients. May
perform general diagnostic radiology examinations. Performs related
duties as required.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Explains examination procedure to patients and prepares patient
for the examination.
- Reviews clinical data on requisition and performs appropriate
examination. Obtains additional information about the patient
medical history as necessary. Prepares procedure room and regularly
replenishes stock such as linen and related supplies.
- Analyzes anatomical structure of patient, sets up equipment and
performs the CT scan.
- Manually controls the equipment to obtain the proper diagnostic
information from the area of the body being studied.
- Administers intravenous contrast media to including utilization
of power injectors.
- Assists Radiologist in performing complex sterile diagnostic
procedures such as biopsies.
- Performs all imaging procedures by demonstrating the principles
of radiation protection: may involve shielding of patients,
selection of appropriate equipment settings to reduction dose,
using other ALARA techniques, etc.
- PACS: resolves any/all image exceptions and ensures high
quality image delivery into PACS; including viewing of images into
PACS, and confirming image/series counts.
- RIS: completes all study indexing; including study begin, study
end, and the completion of the study in the Radiology Information
- Reviews and confirms as necessary with Radiologist clinical
protocols before preforming study Demonstrates on a consistent
basis Team member standards of excellence including: AIDET, open
communication, responding in a timely manner, displaying a positive
attitude, fostering innovation, respecting diversity, etc.
- Performs all documentation in the medical record as necessary,
as well as within the radiology information system to support all
clinical and billing functions.
- High School Diploma or G.E.D. equivalent is required.
- Must be registered with the American Registry of Radiologic
Technology (ARRT) and the advanced registry in Computed Tomography
(CT) or registry eligible. If registry eligible, registry must be
obtained within 12 months of date of hire. Failure to obtain
registry within the designated time-frame will result in
termination of the Rad Tech- CT position.
- Must maintain the required hours of continued education.
- Healthcare Provider certification required. (BCLS)
Keywords: Henry Ford Hospital, Ann Arbor , CT Technologist / Contingent, Other , Jackson, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!