Company: University Of Michigan
Location: Ann Arbor
Posted on: June 8, 2021
Clicking "Apply Now" opens the link in a new window.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations
and communities through excellence in education, patient care,
community service, research and technology development, and through
leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally.
Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three
critical components; patient care, education and research that
together enhance our contribution to society.
Why Join Michigan Medicine?
Michigan Medicine is one of the largest health care complexes in
the world and has been the site of many groundbreaking medical and
technological advancements since the opening of the U-M Medical
School in 1850. Michigan Medicine is comprised of over 30,000
employees and our vision is to attract, inspire, and develop
outstanding people in medicine, sciences, and healthcare to become
one of the world's most distinguished academic health systems. In
some way, great or small, every person here helps to advance this
world-class institution. Work at Michigan Medicine and become a
victor for the greater good.
What Benefits can you Look Forward to?
- Excellent medical, dental and vision coverage effective on your
very first day
- Retirement Savings Opportunities
- Customer Service: Provide total customer focus to meet the
needs of every customer, internal and external, including medical
staff, laboratory staff, patients, and families.
- Specimen Collection: Provide instruction for specimen
collection for Sendout tests.
- Specimen Handling: Prepare and package laboratory specimens for
testing in reference laboratories.
- Computer Data Entry: Enter laboratory test orders into the
laboratory computer system and the reference laboratory interfaces
- Sendout area additional duties: Perform specific Sendouts and
MLabs duties as assigned.
- Order, process, and package Sendout specimens.
- Monitor Sendout inventory levels and adjust ordering
appropriately based upon assay ordering patterns.
- Complete FedEx paperwork for outgoing specimens.
- Troubleshoot problems with Sendout specimens/results.
- Train incoming staff.
- Assist with Sendout Audit.
- Notify Senior Technologist of any workflow issues.
- Other duties as assigned
- Sign in couriers for STAT and routine Mlab drops.
- Log in samples in using Soft Lab per established procedure, and
according to Mlabs Client manual.
- Transport, label, centrifuge, aliquot, distribute, store, and
prepare laboratory specimens for testing in Pathology or reference
- Order Chemistry random and 24 hour urine's (weigh 24 hour
- Dispose of Mlabs urine's daily that are greater than 7 days
- Assist with trouble shooting, or questions regarding specimen
- Process specimens in accordance to problem email answers.
- Assist other workstations between client drops/problems, and
- Log, open, and sort cyclosporine FedEx specimens.
- Sort and route completed Mlabs requisitions to the appropriate
location in absence of Mlabs QA staff.
- Determine correct test codes using resources such as Careweb,
Pathology Handbook, Mlabs Client Manual, and procedure
- Follow procedures for order entry; entering comments, using
correct encounters, account numbers, ICD-9 codes, doctor name and
- Safety: Comply with safety instructions and observe safe work
- Communication and Teamwork: Use effective communication
including written, verbal, and information technology skills. Work
effectively with others to accomplish goals.
- Training: Train employees for Sendout and MLabs area
- Other duties as assigned.
In order to be considered for this position the applicant must
have met or will have met all the required qualifications prior to
the start date of employment.
High school diploma supplemented with additional coursework in a
science area in addition to knowledge of laboratory tests and
procedures is required.
Familiarity with information systems and computer activity.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and
pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a
contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to
conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed
in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act. Pre-employment drug
testing applies to all selected candidates, including new or
additional faculty and staff appointments, as well as transfers
from other U-M campuses.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days.
This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime
after the minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative
Michigan Medicine - Health Sys
Ann Arbor, MI
MM Path Specimen Processing
5/11/2021 - 6/10/2021
Patient Care Services
Keywords: University Of Michigan, Ann Arbor , Laboratory Technician, Other , Ann Arbor, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!