MIDOC, Infectious Disease Manager
Posted on: June 8, 2021
Here at Wellpath, everything that we do is about taking care of
people - our patients, our staff and our partners. We are committed
to making a difference by providing hope and healing to vulnerable
patients in challenging clinical environments. Our talented,
compassionate team thrives in an autonomous environment, is
empowered and supported by education, training and the resources to
practice healthcare the way it is meant to be and strives to
"Always Do The Right Thing!"
Our Infectious Disease Manager serves as an expert resource for
infectious disease and infection control related issues and will
service a patient caseload of HIV and Hep C patients as
- Graduation from an accredited School of Nursing
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Five (5) or more years of clinical experience preferred.
- Knowledge and experience in areas of patient care practices,
microbiology, asepsis, disinfecting/sterilization, adult education,
infectious diseases, communication, program administration and
- Attends a basic infection control training course within the
first year of entering the profession, preferred.
- Current licensure as a Registered Nurse in Massachusetts.
- Current CPR Certification.
- Assesses, plans, organizes, reviews, and evaluates care needs
of patients with HIV and Hep C.
- Promotes continuity of care and cooperative partnerships with
other Infectious Disease Specialists.
- Participates in development and implementation of disease
- Serves as a resource to providers and nursing staff for any ID
- Monitors and ensures compliance with disease protocols and
patient compliance with clinical care and medication.
- Works collaboratively with site leadership and site medical
providers to ensure appropriateness of care and adherence to
clinical guidelines and treatment protocols.
- Provides weekly and monthly infectious disease statistics.
- Participates in flu vaccine administration/coordination if
- Serve as resource for other infectious disease related issues
such as TB, food borne illness, MRSA.
- Serve as resource to Department of Correction and DPH for
infection disease issues.
- Must be able to apply principles of critical thinking to a
variety of practical and emergent situations and accurately follow
standardized procedures that may call for deviations.
- Must be able to apply sound judgment beyond a specific set of
instructions and apply knowledge to different factual
- Must be alert at all times; pay close attention to
- Must be able to work under stress on a regular or continuous
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Wellpath is an EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability Employer
Keywords: Wellpath, Ann Arbor , MIDOC, Infectious Disease Manager, Other , Jackson, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!