ProQuest - Who we areProQuest - Who we are
The ProQuest Mission: Better research. Better learning, Better
What if you came to work each day ready to revolutionize the
future of research, teaching and learning? That's how it feels to
be a ProQuest employee. Whatever your chosen career path, you have
an important role in helping ProQuest build the resources that
empower librarians, faculty and students to create extraordinary
outcomes. Software Engineer
Sr. Software Engineer
What will I be doing?
The Software Engineer Senior is responsible for the design,
implementation, and testing phases of the software development life
In this position, you will also
- Implement software for specifications of high complexity for
limited scale systems, or medium to high complexity for large scale
- Manually test and unit test all assigned applications.
- Participates as a team member on various engineering projects,
and may lead small projects.
- Implements design changes to improve quality, performance, cost
reduction, and standardization through analysis of designs and
- Suggests alternative methodologies or techniques to achieving
- Maintains understanding of products, manufacturing processes,
and product applications. Local expert in assigned project.
- Writes application technical documentation.
- Reviews and revises new procedures as needed for the continuing
development of high quality systems.
- Provides technical training to other team members.
- Maintains knowledge of technical advances and evaluates new
hardware / software for company use.
Reasons you should apply...
You have experience working with ETL!
You enjoy collaborating with other teams!
- You want to work in a purpose driven organization!
This job may not be a fit if...
You don't have any experience with Java.
- You do your best work as a solo artist; the rest of the group
just slows you down.
Qualified Candidates must have
- Bachelors' degree or higher in Computer Engineering or Computer
Science, plus at least 6 years of software development experience,
or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with ETL (Extract, Transform, and Load).
- Masterful understanding and application of Java.
- Masterful understanding of XML and JSON.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Superstar Candidates will ALSO have
- Experience with SQL databases such as Oracle and MySQL.
- Experience with Unix/Linux and shell scripts.
- Experience with scripting languages such as Perl or
- Experience with RESTful services.
- Ability to write functional / detailed design specifications
based on user and/or system requirements.
- Ability to work with standard office tools.
- Ability to work with source control systems
- Experience with public cloud services such as AWS.
- Experience with ECS and/or Docker Containers
- Experience with continuous integration and deployment such as
- Experience with NOSQL databases such as Cassandra and
- Experience with Angular or similar frameworks
More to love about becoming a PQ employee!
- Forbes Ranks ProQuest among 2018 America's Best Mid-Size
- We offer professional development opportunities with a
significant focus on learning
- We hold fun on-site events
- Our employee population is smart and highly collaborative
- We have a relaxed dress code yes, that means blue jeans (and
not just on Fridays!)
- All of our employees have access to ProQuest research products
including e-books, genealogy and academic journals
At ProQuest, we embrace the power of our people and value our
differences - in thought, style, sexual orientation, gender
identity, culture, ethnicity, and experience - recognizing that our
diversity makes us a stronger company. Encouraging a diverse,
inclusive workplace gives us the business advantage of
understanding and meeting the needs of our diverse customers,
clients, and communities.
Other important information about this position:
- This position is based in our ProQuest office located in Ann
Arbor, MI (once we return to our offices)
- This position requires weekday (Monday - Friday) attendance
with some scheduling flexibility available around core working
- Every position requires certain physical capabilities.
ProQuest/PQ seeks to make reasonable accommodations that enable
individuals with disabilities to perform essential duties when
At ProQuest, we work hard and have fun doing it. If you are a
passionate professional with a drive for success, please consider
joining our talented team!!