Internship Lab Technician
Company: SGS Group
Location: Grass Lake
Posted on: June 11, 2021
SGS is the global leader and innovator in inspection,
verification, testing and certification services. Founded in 1878,
SGS is recognized as the global benchmark in quality and integrity.
With over 97,000 employees in 130 countries and operating a network
of more than 2,400 offices and laboratories, we provide services to
almost every industry by assuring quality and safety of products
Trusted all over the world, SGS is a market leader because we
put 100% passion, pride and innovation into everything we do. We
encourage new ideas. We welcome people who challenge the way we do
things. And we will be 100% committed to helping you reach your
As the Intern Junior Technician, you will be under immediate
supervision, performs laboratory tests to determine the
performance, chemical, and/or physical composition of consumer
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This position performs performance, chemical and physical
testing of air filters and air filtration products.
- Works under immediate supervision to perform the following job
- Performs routine laboratory testing, following relevant
company's Standard Operating Procedures (SOP's) and methods.
Validate performance on methods as required.
- Test to applicable standards (ASTM, CSPA, ISO, SSC, etc.) and
customer specific protocols.
- Ensure compliance with all required local and federal safety
processes and procedures.
- Demonstrates good and safe work habits and enforces a clean
- Perform general upkeep and housekeeping of the laboratory
- Accurately complete and maintain all laboratory reports.
- May also have prep or field responsibilities, as required by
- May be required to receive, sort, log client samples into the
data base, and prepare sample labels.
- May be required to archive, return, or dispose of client
samples as per established procedure.
- Perform daily, weekly, and monthly Quality Assurance/Quality
Control checks on equipment.
- Assist in keeping inventory of laboratory chemicals and
equipment necessary for the day to day functioning of the
laboratory and in compiling list of supplies to be ordered when
- Assists in calibration / verification tasks and other ISO 17025
- Ensure all personal protective equipment (PPE) relevant for
tasks is worn at all times.
- Adheres to internal standards, policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Basic understanding of the relevant scientific field
- No experience required
- Associates Degree in related scientific disciplines
- 2+ years working in a lab setting with experience following
strict safety standards.
- Language Skills: English - Basic level required, Intermediate
- Mathematical Skills: Basic level required, Intermediate
- Reasoning Skills/Abilities: Intermediate level preferred
- Computer Skills: Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, and
Word) - Basic user proficiency required
- Ability to work independently under the direct supervision
- Ability to execute detailed but uninvolved written or oral
- Ability to read and understand documents such as safety rules,
operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete
variables in standardized situations
- Ability to follow directions to ensure the end results are
accurate and completed with the required timeframe
SGS is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit,
hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without
regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability,
age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other
characteristics protected by law.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without
reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are
representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities
This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive
statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a
general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts
the company's rights to assign or reassign duties and
responsibilities to this job at any time.
If you are applying for a position within the United States and
you have difficulty completing the on-line employment application
because of a disability, please call 201-508-3149 for assistance
and leave a message. You will receive a callback. Please note, this
phone number is not for general employment information but is only
for individuals who are experiencing difficulty applying for a
position due to a disability.
Keywords: SGS Group, Ann Arbor , Internship Lab Technician, Other , Grass Lake, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!