Operations Tech, Finishing (Trimming)
Company: Orchid Orthopedics
Posted on: September 12, 2021
SUMMARY OF POSITION
The Operations Technician, Finishing sets up, operates and
maintains laser etch machines to produce laser marked images
conforming to customer requirements and/or specifications. Uses
hand tools to trim excess material from manufactured plastic
medical implants and instruments and ensure product meets customer
The Operations Technician, Finishing reports to the Manager,
Operations and within the machining value stream.
CHE - Shift 1 ($0) (United States of America - Michigan)
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Perform first articles.
- Complete in-process monitoring.
- Perform regular maintenance to machines.
- Create or adjust programs to meet customer prints or
- Record jobs completed, scrap, downtime numbers hourly to chart
activity and job flow.
- Assist and train others as needed.
- Perform chemical etch duties.
- Operate multiple machines at one time.
- Mark or discard items with defects such as spots, stains,
scars, snags, chips, scratches, or unacceptable shapes or
- Trim excess material or cut threads off finished products, such
as cutting loose ends of plastic off a for a smoother finish
- Cut, shape, and trim materials
- Cosmetically inspect parts for defects
- Record part counts, scrap data and other information in job
packet, using Good Documentation Practices (GDP)
- Understand the expectations and training requirements for the
position and be aware of own training status
- Move orders to the next operation following the Kanban
- Support quality and compliance by utilizing One Orchid global
processes and complying with all Quality Management Systems (QMS)
documentation requirements and establishing/supporting plan(s) to
meet/exceed Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for Quality that
support Safety, Compliance, Six Sigma Quality, On-Time Delivery
(OTD) and financial objectives.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
Manufacturing Experience (Preferred)
High School Or Equivalent Required, , ,
none - n/a
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS THAT ENABLE SUCCESS
Accuracy and Attention to Detail (Working Experience), Active
Learning (Basic Knowledge), Blueprint Reading (Basic Knowledge),
Communication (Basic Knowledge), Data Entry (Basic Knowledge), Hand
Dexterity (Extensive Experience), Information Capture (Working
Experience), Manufacturing Safety (Working Experience),
Mathematical Ability (Basic Knowledge), Problem Solving (Working
Experience), Quality Inspection Metrology Tools (Working
Experience), Quality Management (Basic Knowledge), Standard
Operating Procedures (Working Experience), Time management (Working
WHAT WE OFFER
- Opportunity to work in a growing company
- Ability to help people live a longer, more active life
- Comprehensive benefit package
- Ability to work in an organization that values:
- Integrity First: We do the right thing
- Teamwork: We are one Orchid
- Results: Our results matter
Constantly reaches and grabs objects.
Constantly handles and feels objects.
Constantly applies pressure to objects.
Frequently lifts and/or moves objects up to 20 pounds.
Constantly visually inspects objects for defects.
- Candidates offered employment may be required to submit to a
pre-employment background check and pre-employment drug-screening
based on position requirements
- Candidates must be able to provide proof of eligibility to work
in the United States through eVerify
EOE, including disability/vets
Keywords: Orchid Orthopedics, Ann Arbor , Operations Tech, Finishing (Trimming), Other , Chelsea, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!