Housekeeper, Lead M-F FT
Company: Brookdale Senior Living
Location: Ann Arbor
Posted on: September 12, 2021
Make Lives Better Including Your Own.
The happiness of those we serve is dependent on the happiness of
our associates, so you'll receive competitive compensation and a
benefits package with additional perks designed to make you smile.
The work you do will be challenging yet rewarding. But you'll earn
more than a paycheck; you can enjoy opportunities to grow your
career, as well as ongoing programs catered to your health,
financial, mental, and emotional needs. Most of all, we believe you
can find purpose, meaning, and the chance to be a part of something
bigger than yourself.
Veterans, transitioning active duty military personnel, and
military spouses are encouraged to apply.
We believe that in order to best serve our residents and patients,
we need to first serve our associates. One way we do that is
through our benefits. Our offerings include, but are not limited
Full-time and part-time associate benefits:
• 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
• Benefit plan package
• Employee Stock Purchase Program
• Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
• Associate Compassion Fund
• Associate Discounts
• Identity theft protection
• Pet savings and insurance plans
• Voluntary benefits available
Full-time associate benefits:
• Extensive Insurance Plans, including medical, dental, vision,
flexible spending account, health savings account and more.
• Paid Time Off
• Adoption Benefit
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Company-provided life insurance and accidental death and
• Voluntary STD and LTD
Please note, Brookdale has adopted a policy requiring all
associates to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to
limited exemptions based on medical conditions, sincerely held
religious beliefs, or applicable state laws and regulations.
Assists with cleaning public spaces including lobbies, halls,
stairwells, activities rooms, dining rooms, elevators, etc. to
present the community in a positive and impressive manner for
residents and guests. Assists with cleaning residents' apartments
on a weekly basis or as needed. Interacts with residents and guests
in a friendly and courteous manner, providing assistance and
directions as requested. Checks public areas and resident
apartments to ensure proper cleanliness of areas.
- Prepares staffing schedules and daily assignments to ensure
- Monitors inventory levels, orders all equipment and supplies
needed for department, and ensures the safe handling and storage of
- Ensures adequate training for all new staff.
- Assists staff with the cleaning of common areas and residences.
Cleans floors to include sweeping, dusting, damp/wet mopping,
stripping, waxing, buffing, disinfecting, etc. Properly sets up
appropriate caution and safety signs to ensure safety of residents
and visitors and ensures their removal as appropriate. Cleans
carpets including vacuuming, shampooing, deodorizing, and
disinfecting. Removes dirt, dust, grease, film, etc., from surfaces
using proper cleaning/disinfecting solutions. Handles hazardous
cleaning supplies according to proper procedures and ensures
- Cleans public restrooms including washing, sanitizing, and/or
polishing bathroom fixtures. Ensures water marks are removed from
- Visits assigned residences to perform basic apartment cleaning
of bathroom fixtures and floors. Wipes surfaces in kitchen and
ensures that appliances are clean. Vacuums and feather dusts
surfaces in apartment. Avoids disturbing residents' belongings and
respects privacy. Removes linens from bed and returns to resident
for cleaning. Makes beds with clean linens according to resident's
preferences. Logs cleaning activities as required by
- Interacts with residents in a friendly manner, providing
meaningful attention. Communicates concerns with resident's health
to management as appropriate.
- Works with kitchen staff to ensure the sanitation of
- Checks public areas and resident apartments for accuracy of
- May assist in maintaining budget for housekeeping
- Attends and participates in in-service educational classes,
on-the-job training programs, etc., as scheduled or directed.
- Responds appropriately to resident emergencies by calling or
contacting appropriate internal and external parties, according to
- May also assist with disaster management efforts and activities
during evacuations (i.e. fires, hurricanes, etc.).
This job description represents an overview of the
for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent
a comprehensive list of
. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by his/her
Keywords: Brookdale Senior Living, Ann Arbor , Housekeeper, Lead M-F FT, Other , Ann Arbor, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!