Network Engineer Specialist - Outside Plant
Company: Frontier Communication
Posted on: September 14, 2021
Frontier Communications is seeking a Network Engineer who will
be responsible for outside plant (OSP) engineering for all
locations as assigned.
Prepare detail drawings, estimate cost associated with time and
materials, and provide proper justification for the design and
construction of OSP telecommunications equipment and material.
- Plan new additions for OSP facilities and submit for budget
- Copper and fiber design for aerial, buried and underground
- Serve as liaison between the company and outside agencies such
as other telephone companies, Department of Highways, Power
Companies, customers in general and property owners.
- Coordinate with Supply and Construction departments to ensure
projects proceed through the construction phase on-time and
- Must have a knowledge of AC/DC theory; aerial, buried and
underground OSP engineering;
- strong communication skills both orally and written;
- computer skills including Word, Excel, and Power Point.
- Skills in Infinium, AS400, Varasset, M-6 and PROPHET
Preferred five (5) years’ experience in the telecommunications
field with qualified exposure to various fields of engineering.
- Strong Computer Skills in Window Products and must be able to
learn new computer programs as required to perform job
- Must have High School Diploma or GED Certificate. Preferred
education would be Bachelor's Degree in related fields.
- Physical demands involve working extended hours where
necessary, overnight travel, driver's license, able to work at
computer station for extended periods, able to work outside in
extreme heat/cold and assume on call supervisor duties as
- Knowledge of CAD drawing and utilization of company FROGS
- Permit processes for ODOT, City, County
Keywords: Frontier Communication, Ann Arbor , Network Engineer Specialist - Outside Plant, Other , BROOKLYN, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!