R&D Engineer II (C++ Software Developer) - Release
Location: Ann Arbor
Posted on: October 2, 2021
Ansys is the global leader in engineering simulation. We empower
the world's most innovative companies to deliver transformational
products to their customers. By offering the best and broadest
portfolio of engineering simulation software solutions, we help our
customers solve the most complex design challenges and engineer
products limited only by imagination. Whether you are a software
developer, product engineer, sales team member, or part of our
corporate team, at Ansys we know that by embracing what makes us
each unique, we become collectively better.
The R&D Engineer II contributes to the development of software
products and supporting systems. In this role, the R&D Engineer
II will collaborate with a team of expert professionals to
understand customer requirements and accomplish development
objectives. The successful candidate will design and develop
frameworks and APIs that simplify the licensing of our products and
support new business models.
- Performs moderately complex development activities, including
the design, implementation, maintenance, testing and documentation
of software modules and sub-systems
- Understands and employs best practices
- Performs moderately complex bug verification, release testing
and beta support for assigned products. Research problems
discovered by QA or product support and develops solutions
- Understands the marketing requirements for a product, including
target environment, performance criteria and competitive
- Works under the general supervision of a development
- Participates in planning, architecture, and research.
- BS in Engineering, Computer Science, or related field with 2
years' experience or MS
- Work experience with C/C++and REST API.
- Prior experience developing with web/cloud-based
- Technical knowledge and experience with C/C++ or Java/J2EE
- Experience in a large-scale commercial software development
- Experience in architecting, designing, and developing
enterprise applications using Service Oriented Architecture with
SOAP/REST and microservices.
- Experience with client server architecture.
- Experience with licensing technologies like FlexNet Embedded,
FlexNet Operations, or Sentinel RMS.
- Network protocol and computer system knowledge.
- Passion for crafting robust and efficient code
- Understanding of customer requirements and tools used in this
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to learn quickly and to collaborate with others in a
geographically distributed team
ALIGNING YOUR VALUES TO OUR SOLUTIONS
At Ansys, our diverse, collaborative teams give us the strength and
insight to solve the world's most challenging engineering problems.
Our ONE Ansys culture has at its core:
- Customer Focus
- Results and Accountability
- Transparency and Integrity
- Sense of Urgency
- Collaboration and Teamwork
ENGINEERING YOUR CAREER AT ANSYS
At Ansys, you will find yourself among the sharpest minds and most
visionary leaders across the globe. Collectively we strive to
change the world with innovative technology and transformational
solutions. With a prestigious reputation in servicing well-known,
world-class companies, standards at Ansys are high - met by those
willing to rise to the occasion and meet those challenges head-on.
At Ansys, it's about the learning, the discovery and the
collaboration. It's about the "what's next" as much as the "mission
accomplished." And it's about the melding of disciplined intellect
with strategic direction and results that have, can and do impact
real people in real ways. All this is forged within a working
environment built on respect, autonomy and ethics.
At Ansys, you will find yourself among those eager to drive the
world towards the next best thing with hands planted firmly on the
wheel. Our team is passionate about pushing the limits of
world-class simulation technology, empowering our customers to turn
their design concepts into successful, innovative products faster
and at lower cost. As a measure of our success in attaining these
goals, Ansys has been recognized as one of the world's most
innovative companies by prestigious publications such as Bloomberg
Businessweek and FORTUNE magazines.
Ansys is an S&P 500 company and a member of the NASDAQ-100. We
are proud to have been recognized for the following awards: Bay
Area Best Places to Work, a Pillar World Awards Gold Winner, Fast
Company Best Places to Work for Innovators, a Gold Stevie Award for
Great Employers, the FORTUNE Future 50, a DCA Silver Winner, an
R&D100 Finalist, a 20% by 2020 Women on Boards winner, a 2020
Pittsburgh Tech 50 - finalist, and America's Most Responsible
For more information, please visit us at www.ansys.com
We are committed to creating a culture of inclusion and
belonging where everyone thrives as ONE Ansys team.
Ansys is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected
Ansys does not accept unsolicited referrals for vacancies, and any
unsolicited referral will become the property of Ansys. Upon hire,
no fee will be owed to the agency, person, or entity.
Nearest Major Market: Pittsburgh
Keywords: ANSYS, Ann Arbor , R&D Engineer II (C++ Software Developer) - Release, Other , Ann Arbor, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!