Collator Operator 2nd Shift
Company: Sheridan Group Inc. company
Posted on: October 3, 2021
Collator/Gather Operator (2nd shift 3pm – 11pm)
The major purpose of the
Collator/Gatherer Operator is to change-over, set-up and run
automatically collates signatures for sewing or binding.
Primary Duties and
Responsibilities (*Essential Functions):
These are functions that a qualified
incumbent or applicant must be able to perform with or without
- Read, understand and follow
instructions as specified on the job order and the “Standard
Operating Procedure” (SOP).
- Set-up machine properly
including the setting of the pockets and stacker and be able to
change-over, for size and bulk.
- Be able to lead and direct crew
in the loading of stock into correct pockets, jogging and stacking
book blocks and pulling skids/cages in and out.
- Operate machine in a safe
- Understand the characteristics
of a “Bindery-Ready Book Block.”
- Verify the quality of work
coming off his/her machine, inspecting for obvious defects from
press and folding.
- Consistently produce quantities
as targeted with standards.
- Clean machine and area properly,
perform scheduled maintenance and repair, when needed.
- Adhere to time “guidelines” for
change-overs, set-ups and preventative maintenance.
- Assist in the training of new
operators and crew and assist with trouble-shooting, when
- Cross train in other areas as
- Additional duties as
- A minimum of a high school
diploma or GED required.
- Ability to read a
- Good arm, hand, eye
- Basic mechanical
- Ability to work well in a
- Basic verbal and written
- Must possess ability to work at
a rapid pace.
- Ability to learn the job and
perform work productively and safely.
- Reliable; good attendance is
- May be required to work
mandatory overtime as needed.
Physical Requirements &
- Requires regularly standing,
walking, carrying, climbing, lifting, and reaching, as well as
- Exposure to noise; exposure to
arm and wrist fatigue; must wear hearing protection and safety
CJK Group is an Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex,
gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion,
national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any
other characteristic protected by law.
To submit an application online, please visit our website at
www.sheridan.com/careers or email your resume to
Keywords: Sheridan Group Inc. company, Ann Arbor , Collator Operator 2nd Shift, Other , Brooklyn, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!