Senior Manufacturing Engineer
Company: Eaton Corporation
Posted on: October 8, 2021
Eaton’s Aerospace Fluid Electrical Distribution Division is
currently seeking a Senior Manufacturing Engineer to join our
team. This position is based at our Jackson, MI
The Senior Manufacturing Engineer is responsible for design,
specification, and implementation of safe and efficient
manufacturing processes, including machine guarding and controls,
tooling, fixtures, gauges, material handling, and process
documentation. In this role, you will support day-to-day
manufacturing operation as part of cross-functional High
Performance Work Team, this includes collection and analysis of
manufacturing data to implement process improvements that improve
safety, product quality, customer delivery, and cost
reductions. Provide on-floor process information for training
and meeting engineering standards. Support and provide
production associates the tools required to perform the job in a
manner to meet all requirements. Support special process and
customer audits. Provide mentorship to other members of the
Eaton team in Manufacturing Engineering competencies.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every
employee around the world. We create an environment where
creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every
day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your
full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
- Design, develop, implement, and improve safe and
environmentally responsible manufacturing processes.
- Use MESH (Eaton Environmental, Safety and Health process), and
other Eaton and industry standard practices.
- Design processes to ensure that components and assemblies meet
all internal and external customer quality specifications (Eaton
Quality System, AS9100, and NADCAP).
- Ensure processes are efficient in terms of capital intensity
and human resources by implementing Eaton Lean Six Sigma
- Active membership of a High Performance Work Team (HPWT)/Focus
Factory to support on-time delivery of customer orders through the
manufacturing process excellence, including troubleshooting machine
and tooling problems, supporting the DMR process for review and
disposition of non-conforming materials, implementing continuous
flow concepts, and training production employees to execute
- Design equipment, gauging, and tooling utilizing CATIA solid
modeling software and other engineering analysis and design
tools. Work with suppliers and purchasing to procure
equipment, tooling, and supplies as required. Specific
equipment requirements include manual assembly, semi-automatic
equipment and pressure testing.
- Create and maintain PFMEAs, routers, equipment PMs, technique
sheets, and equipment programs to ensure safety, quality, and cost
targets are achieved.
- Mentor others in Manufacturing Engineering competencies,
processes, and lean concepts.
- Work directly with manufacturing operators to troubleshoot and
improve processes, including fabrication, assembly, measuring, and
testing of products produced.
- Collect and analyze manufacturing data and metrics to aid in
design and improvement of processes.
- Manage activities and budgets for manufacturing and process
improvement projects, including the development of the project
management requirements and all implementation documentation.
- Be proficient at AIAG or equivalent tools for Measurement
System Analysis, Capability Analysis, SPC and FMEA.
- Provide support to launch projects through ProLaunch team as
required to achieve a flawless launch. ?
Why work at Eaton? We provide benefits that are
industry competitive and focused on employee well-being. Listed
below are programs that are offered globally, but program
availabilities may vary by site.
- Flexible work options to help balance work/life demands (at
participating Eaton sites).
- Healthcare/retirement savings programs.
- Competitive compensation packages to reward skills and
- Tuition assistance or financial help for ongoing learning and
- Health, Dental, Vision & Wellness programs.
- Donation matching (U.S., Canada, Puerto Rico).
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and
backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as
a company — are stronger.
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or technical field from an
- Minimum of two (2) years post-degree professional experience in
a technical role supporting manufacturing processes or other
related engineering function.
- Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United
States without company sponsorship, now or in the future.
- This position requires use of information or access to hardware
which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations
(ITAR). All applicants must be U.S. persons within the meaning of
ITAR. ITAR defines a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent
Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), Political Asylee, or
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Aerospace engineering from
an accredited institution.
- Minimum of five (5) years post-degree professional experience
in a technical role supporting manufacturing processes or other
related engineering function.
- Equipment, tooling and fixture design and/or improvement with
- Strong project and time management, organizational, and
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the
organization, from production associates to the leadership
- Proficient at AIAG or equivalent tools for Measurement System
Analysis, Capability Analysis, SPC and FMEA.
- Mechanical and control knowledge for equipment troubleshooting
and recommendation of improvements to product and process.
- Experience with NADCAP, customer quality/special process, or
other industry-standard audits.
- Previous lean and/or Six Sigma certification with demonstrated
- Experience in hose assembly, manual assembly/test, metal
fabrication and bend, welding/brazing, chemical processes and
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for
all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based
upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national
origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected
veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the
technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical
services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find
one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is
dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with
power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient,
safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the
attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate,
accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to
learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest
challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: AER FED Fluid Electrical
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton
facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from
within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time
Keywords: Eaton Corporation, Ann Arbor , Senior Manufacturing Engineer, Other , Jackson, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!