Company: Rydberg Technologies
Location: Ann Arbor
Posted on: November 22, 2021
At Rydberg Technologies, we are known for our innovative and
industry-leading atom-based quantum technology. We are looking a
Systems Engineer with a strong background in electrical
engineering, RF and photonics systems, product management
experience with a creative drive to join our quantum R&D and
product development team to realize next-generation quantum
devices. Responsibilities will include executing system-level
hardware and software engineering tasks, product development, from
component-level development and integration to system performance
testing and optimization, and manufacturing process development.
-In this role you will work with complex systems, designing,
developing, and integrating them at every stage of its life cycle.
We seek high-caliber candidates who are solution-oriented,
organized, self-motivated, give attention to the finest project
details, and are experienced in project planning and execution.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
-System development, integration, simulation, analysis, and
-Front-end and back-end software programming for device
-Electronics hardware design, integration, and testing.
-Algorithm development and implementation for RF surveillance,
radio, and digital communications
As a systems engineer, you will have the opportunity to be involved
in all the major phases of product development cycles including
product definition, system development, software implementation as
well as customer support. A successful candidate must be able to
develop basic programs for controls and function implementation
using programming languages such as Python, C, Visual Basic, and
LabView, implement analog and digital signal acquisition and
processing hardware, and be familiar with RF receiver and
transceiver systems and architectures. The candidate is also
desired to have a fundamental understanding of electronics, RF
circuits, and wireless communication systems. Candidate is
preferred to possess hands on skills in designing, integrating, and
testing advanced electronics, RF test and measurement (vector
signal analyzer, network analyzer, spectrum analyzer), and have the
ability to perform hands-on disassembly and make experimental
modifications to intricate hardware. This position will collaborate
with the business team in supporting government and commercial
customers and winning new customers.
- MSEE degree with 3+ years of industry experience, or Ph.D.
- Knowledge and experience in advanced programming using C, Python,
- Basic knowledge in RF Rx and TxRx systems and architectures,
software defined radio.
- Hands-on experience in test equipment (e.g. spectrum analyzers,
vector network analyzers, signal generators, oscilloscopes,
- Understanding of wireless communication systems and protocols
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Solid understanding of RF hardware and system design including
system-level signal Rx and Tx, digital and analog signal
processing, grounding, shielding, isolation and electromagnetic
- Understanding of RF link budgets, Rx gain line-up, Rx AGC
operation and optimization techniques also against jamming.
- Ability to perform hands-on disassembly and make experimental
modifications to intricate hardware
- Experience with system hardware integration of lasers, photonics,
electro-optics and RF systems.
- Solid Knowledge in DSP, communication and information theory
- Skills in mathematics and algorithm development
- EM modelling (e.g. COMSOL) and engineering design (e.g.
- Knowledge in Microwave/EM theory and antenna theory
- PCBA engineering
- FPGA programming
- Product management
Keywords: Rydberg Technologies, Ann Arbor , System Engineer, Other , Ann Arbor, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!