Accounts Receivable Specialist
Company: Specialty Eye Institute
Posted on: January 16, 2022
General Job Purpose:
This role is responsible for the reconciliation and posting of all
payments received, identify discrepancies and analyze issues to
ensure all payments are posted timely. Other responsibilities
include preparing and submitting check request to corporate
finance, processing electronic requests in multiple systems and
platforms, and preparing and submitting spreadsheets
What you will be working on:
- Responsible for billing claims on assigned schedule.
- Accounts Receivable follow up.
- Perform month end closing procedure within established time
- Communicate with Manager regarding payer and account issues in
a timely manner.
- Monitor accounts for other opportunities to collect payments at
time of service (i.e. co pays, deductibles, and coinsurance).
- Enter all appropriate comments in software system clearly and
concisely for tracking documentation.
- Responsible for working with patients on outstanding balances
and responding to patient phone calls timely.
- Other tasks as assigned
What will make you awesome:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Highly organized, detail-orientated, a strong work ethic, and
demonstrated teamwork skills.
- Must be a team-player with excellent customer service,
organizational and computer skills.
- Collections and AR experience in Healthcare industry great to
have as well.
What you know:
To be successful in this role you will have the following
experience or knowledge:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 6-9 months of Healthcare Claims / Medical Billing
- Good understanding of CPT and ICD-10 codes and Modifiers
- Good knowledge of Medical Insurance plans
- Strong inter-personal skills
- Computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook
- Basic accounting skills
- The work schedule varies Monday through Friday, 8 hours per
- We offer and help pay for Medical, Dental, and Short-Term
- We have an awesome Employee and Family Member Benefits!
- We offer 401(k) with Company Match.
- We provide Paid Time Off and Holiday Paid
- We are paid bi-weekly.
- We have fun company events!
- We promote a dynamic culture that emphasizes trust, honesty,
respect, and integrity, with a commitment to nurture and maximize
the talent of each and every employee. Additional Information In
accordance with HIPAA, this position must maintain the
confidentiality of the customer in all circumstances as well as
company confidentiality. Ensures the confidentiality of data
collected and stored is maintained. This description is intended to
provide basic guidelines for meeting job requirements.
Responsibilities, knowledge, skills abilities, and working
conditions may change as needs evolve. The Practice provides equal
employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age,
disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status
as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state
and local laws. The Practice complies with applicable state and
local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every
location in which the company has facilities
Keywords: Specialty Eye Institute, Ann Arbor , Accounts Receivable Specialist, Other , Jackson, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!