Child Care Aide
Company: Community Action Agency
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Position Overview: This position is 28 hours per week.Assist the
Teacher and Teacher Assistant in the classroom to help provide and
maintain an environment which fosters the children's positive
development and meets local, state and federal
regulations.Essential Job Functions:
- Demonstrate flexibility and adaptability during the workday and
throughout the year due to staff changes and program
- Work cooperatively with all staff, including community
- Participate in Agency and community trainings.
- Know and function in accordance with Head Start performance
Standards and other program guidelines, including Agency Personnel
Policies and Procedures.
- Understand the confidential nature of the work involved and
treat information gained accordingly.
- Assist team members with completion of all required agency
paperwork in a timely and accurate manner per program
- Work cooperatively with team members to promote parent
participation in all program areas.
- Supervise children at all times, always using a calm voice in a
patient and approachable manner; maintain and communicate an
accurate count throughout the day with team members .
- Represent the Agency in a professional and positive manner in
all settings including social media.
- Assist in setting up the classroom environment each day
maintaining an awareness of current lesson plan and NAEYC, PQA, and
CLASS requirements. Add from TA.
- Work as a team in sharing responsibility for cleaning and
organizing the classroom.
- Work as a team in aiding children in toileting and changing of
- Develop a positive and respectful relationship with children
utilizing Conscious Discipline.
- Sit with children during meal times and model good nutritional
habits, including family style serving, manners and conversation.
Staff are expected to participate and eat with children.
- Complete tasks in a reasonable length of time.
- Be available for other job-related tasks as requested by
supervisor.Other Hiring Contingencies: Must be able to pass all
required background checks. Show proof of a physical exam signed by
a licensed physician that declares, to the best of the physician's
knowledge, the physical capability of the staff member to perform
the essential duties required or obtain a physical through CAA's
provider. A negative TB test within the last 12 months or before
starting position.Supervisor: Children's Program Manager
(Hillsdale) Education Supervisor (Jackson)Training: All staff will
participate in professional development training and ongoing CAA
trainings as deemed appropriate by their supervisor.Note: This job
description is not intended to be all-inclusive. It is intended to
describe the general nature and level of work being performed by
people assigned to this position. Employee may perform other
related duties as assigned by the supervisor to meet the ongoing
needs of the organization.
- Education: High School Diploma or GED.
- Work Experience: Six (6) months experience working with
preschool age children.
- Transportation: Must have reliable transportation throughout
- Basic Skills: Must be competent in reading, mathematical,
verbal and written communication skills. Must be able to perform
basic computer functions and have a willingness to develop more
skills. Ability to work cooperatively in a team approach.
- Problem Solving, Decision Making and Interpersonal Skills:
Independent judgement to complete routine tasks. Establish and
maintain positive relationships with people of all economic levels,
cultures and capabilities. Ability to mediate and diffuse difficult
- Physical and Mental Capabilities: Ability to go into classrooms
and home situations and operate in a non-handicap accessible
environment in all types of weather. Must be able to participate in
classroom activities, which includes: bending, stooping, squatting,
walking, lifting (50 pounds, or more at times), and walking at a
brisk pace and ability to run; (must be able to chase children),
ability to work in an environment with elevated noise level.
Keywords: Community Action Agency, Ann Arbor , Child Care Aide, Other , Jackson, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!