Company: University Of Michigan
Location: Ann Arbor
Posted on: May 12, 2022
How to Apply
A resume is required for consideration for this position.
Applications submitted without a resume will not be considered.
Michigan Medicine improves the health of patients, populations and
communities through excellence in education, patient care,
community service, research and technology development, and through
leadership activities in Michigan, nationally and internationally.
Our mission is guided by our Strategic Principles and has three
critical components; patient care, education and research that
together enhance our contribution to society.
Why Join Michigan Medicine?
Michigan Medicine is one of the largest health care complexes in
the world and has been the site of many groundbreaking medical and
technological advancements since the opening of the U-M Medical
School in 1850. Michigan Medicine is comprised of over 30,000
employees and our vision is to attract, inspire, and develop
outstanding people in medicine, sciences, and healthcare to become
one of the world's most distinguished academic health systems. In
some way, great or small, every person here helps to advance this
world-class institution. Work at Michigan Medicine and become a
victor for the greater good.
What Benefits can you Look Forward to?
* Excellent medical, dental and vision coverage effective on your
very first day
* 2:1 Match on retirement savings
* Clean and sterilize cages, pens, bottles, and animal rooms.
* Sweep, mop and scrub floors.
* Transport waste material, cages, bedding, and related equipment
* Clean and maintain cage wash equipment.
* Clean and maintain assigned areas - to include the maintenance of
equipment. Some equipment may require non- power tools to clean
screens and jets as instructed by your supervisor. This work has
been assessed to be within the job description and take less than 4
hrs per week to complete
* Package and dispose of carcasses.
* Receive and organize equipment and supplies for ULAM.
* Put away food and bedding and other supplies.
* Actively participate in team dynamics and meetings.
* Be involved in team decisions and fulfilling customers'
* Acquire knowledge of sanitizing equipment.
* Record completion of assigned duties on daily log.
* Must be able to read, write, and speak English.
* This position requires considerable use of arms and legs and
activities such as lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, and the
handling of materials which at time weigh as much as 50 lbs.
* Must be able to push and pull equipment weighing up to 1,000
* Must be able to walk or stand for a full 8-hour shift.
* Must be able to perform repetitive motions over extended periods
* Must be able to work in an environment with exposure to animals,
animal dander, animal byproducts, and bedding materials for
prolonged periods of time.
* Required to be fitted for particulate respirator for work with
potential airborne hazards.
* Must be able to work effectively and positively with others in a
40 hrs/week; Monday thru Friday; days
This position is covered under the collective bargaining agreement
between the U-M and the AFSCME union, which contains and settles
all matters with respect to wages, benefits, hours and other terms
and conditions of employment.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment
drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job
offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background
screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with
the Fair Credit Report Act.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of five calendar days. This
job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the
minimum posting period has ended.
U-M EEO/AA Statement
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative
U-M COVID-19 Vaccination Policy
COVID-19 vaccinations, including boosters when eligible
Keywords: University Of Michigan, Ann Arbor , Animal Attendant, Other , Ann Arbor, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!