Injection Mold Tool Maker
Company: Orchid Orthopedics
Posted on: May 12, 2022
SUMMARY OF POSITION
The Injection Mold Tool Maker performs engineering work related to
the design of tools and equipment used in the manufacture and
support of medical devices.
CHE - Shift 1 ($0) (United States of America - Michigan)
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Assist in identification of tooling needing rework or
- Perform hand and machining operations to perform minor
repairs/modifications and part salvage.
- Clean and lubricate dies after operation; perform insert
changes to dies as needed.
- Mark dies with part numbers and other identifying information
- Maintain record of all dies sent to outside vendor for rework,
repair, cleaning; notify engineering upon return.
- Inspect dies for damage prior to returning to storage, report
damage to supervisor or department lead.
- Work closely with Tool Engineer to build new or modify existing
- Work with plant Operations and Engineering to determine mold
- Work with Plant Operations and Engineering to troubleshoot
injection molding process and tooling issues
- Repair injection molds by fabricating and machining inserts,
pins and other mold components.
- Disassemble and reassemble molds as required for
troubleshooting, modifications or repairs.
- Set up and operate machine shop equipment, including milling,
lathes and surface grinders.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
1+ Years Experience in injection molding process/tooling/repair
(Preferred), 1+ Years of experience operating machining equipment
in a manufacturing environment (Required), Experience using CAD
Associates, , , High School Or Equivalent Required
None - ---
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS THAT ENABLE SUCCESS
Accuracy and Attention to Detail (Working Experience), Blueprint
Reading (Working Experience), Communication (Working Experience),
Computer-aided Design (CAD) (Working Experience), Computer
Knowledge (Basic Knowledge), Design Manipulation (Working
Experience), Flexibility & Adaptability (Working Experience),
GD&T (Working Experience), Problem Solving (Working
Experience), Tool and Die Design (Working Experience)
WHAT WE OFFER
- Opportunity to work in a growing company
- Ability to help people live a longer, more active life
- Comprehensive benefit package
- Ability to work in an organization that values:
- Integrity First: We do the right thing
- Teamwork: We are one Orchid
- Results: Our results matter
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position. -
- Must be able to move about the inside of the building. -
- Must be able to move equipment around the building. -
- Must be able to ascend/descend stairs or ladders. -
- Must be able to position oneself and move under/around/over
equipment. - Frequently
- Must be able to handle/adjust/inspect/position various items
and equipment. - Constantly
- Must be able to communicate and exchange information with
others. - Constantly
- Must be able to perform tasks that require repetitive
handling/adjusting/inspecting/positioning of items and equipment. -
- Candidates offered employment may be required to submit to a
pre-employment background check and pre-employment drug-screening
based on position requirements
- Candidates must be able to provide proof of eligibility to work
in the United States through eVerify
EOE, including disability/vets Associated topics: die, fixture,
mold, melt, molten, tool, toolmaker, tool and die, tool designer,
Keywords: Orchid Orthopedics, Ann Arbor , Injection Mold Tool Maker, Other , Chelsea, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!