Research Scientist II
Company: Integrated DNA Technologies (IDT)
Location: Ann Arbor
Posted on: May 12, 2022
IDT is the leading manufacturer of custom oligonucleotides and
proprietary technologies for genomics applications. Our work is
complex and cutting-edge, and our team members are curious,
creative thinkers who understand that good data drives smart
decisions. At IDT, we realize that although science may be uniform,
people are unique. We promote a culture where engaged people are
motivated and have opportunities to achieve their full potential,
as part of one global team. IDT is proud to work alongside a
community of nine fellow Danaher Life Sciences companies. Together,
we're pioneering the future of science and medicine, developing
products that enable researchers in the fight to save lives. Job
Title: Research Scientist II Location: Ann Arbor, MI Purpose
statement:The Research Scientist II, with supervision, conducts
bench scientific experimentation that advances the basic science of
nucleic acids and nucleic acid biochemistry and assists with
development and characterization of new IDT genomics products in
the NGS field. This position is involves independent research and
R&D collaboration activities as well. This position is located
in Ann Arbor, MI Job Essential Functions:
- Applies extensive scientific knowledge with broad laboratory
skills to execute complex bench experiments using variety of
molecular biology, cell biology, biochemical and general laboratory
techniques as directed.
- Plans experimental details required for execution of assigned
work, with little oversight.
- Analyzes raw data, reports results and plans the next
- Organizes and manages moderately complex projects.
- Utilizes mathematical, graphical, imaging, nucleic acid
analysis and other software aids as needed.
- Operates and maintains laboratory equipment.
- Maintains accurate and detailed records of experimental
- Prepares technical reports for internal use; creates protocols
or manuals for public display or distribution.
- Assists in filing invention disclosures, writing patent
applications and manuscripts for publication.
- Interacts with and assists other members of the R&D team as
needed to meet research objectives.
- Oversees activities and assists with training of more junior
research personnel as directed.
- Interacts frequently with other internal departments and IDT
customers to assist with customer service/technical support and
helps manage collaborative research projects as directed.
- Presents experimental results, data analysis or prior art
evaluations at group meetings as directed.
- Participates in scientific collaborations for new
- Participates in the maintenance of laboratory cleanliness
including but not limited to washing and storage of glass/plastic
ware and autoclaving waste, organization of reagents and freezers,
- Represents IDT at scientific conference and trade shows;
prepares and presents data-oriented posters (involving domestic or
- Uses radioactive materials and autoradiography, on occasion,
during the course of experimental work.
- Demonstrates behavior consistent with the Integrated DNA
Technologies Core Values.
- Performs other duties as assigned. Education:
- Bachelor's degree (in Biology, Genetics, Chemistry or a related
life sciences field) with three or more years relevant lab
- Master's degree (in Biology, Genetics, Chemistry or a related
life sciences field) with one or more years relevant lab experience
preferred Professional Experience:
- 2 Years' Previous lab experience in molecular biology,
genetics, biochemistry, chemistry or other scientific discipline
preferred (pipette experience-being able to setup an
- Evidence of solid record keeping skills, strong organizational
- Trustworthy/open and willing to discuss and collaborate with
the team Other Job Qualifications:
- At least 2 years' experience with DNA analysis/genomics
applications in NGS and/or qPCR preferred. What We Offer:
- Generous Paid Time Off Accruals
- 16 Hours PAID Volunteer Time Off
- 10 Paid Holidays
- Up to eight (8) weeks of 100% paid parental leave to eligible
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance Options Integrated DNA
Technologies (IDT) conducts drug screens and background checks on
applicants who accept employment offers. When you join us, you'll
also be joining Danaher's global organization, where 69,000 people
wake up every day determined to help our customers win. As an
associate, you'll try new things, work hard, and advance your
skills with guidance from dedicated leaders, all with the support
of powerful tools and the stability of a tested organization. Given
the essential job duties of this position, the employee is required
to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of
employment, subject to reasonable accommodation and applicable law.
Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are committed to
equal opportunity regardless of race, color, national origin,
religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status,
sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics
protected by law. We value diversity and the existence of
similarities and differences, both visible and not, found in our
workforce, workplace and throughout the markets we serve. - Our
associates, customers and shareholders contribute unique and
different perspectives as a result of these diverse attributes.The
EEO posters are available .We will ensure that individuals with
disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate
in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job
functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of
employment. Please contact us at to request accommodation.If you've
ever wondered what's within you, there's no better time to find
Keywords: Integrated DNA Technologies (IDT), Ann Arbor , Research Scientist II, Other , Ann Arbor, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!