Nurse Assistant Orthopedics - Contingent Day Shift - Henry Ford Macomb Hospital
Company: Henry Ford Hospital
Posted on: May 13, 2022
Under the direction and supervision of the responsible Registered
Nurse (RN), performs specific patient care duties to meet safety
and comfort needs of the patient. Provides input to assist the RN
in planning and implementing patient care. Responds to emergent
situations according to established procedures. Recognizes and
participates in own continuing education. The Nurse Assistant
follows the Henry Ford Health System Team Member Standards of
Excellence in all interactions.
Unit 4400 is a 36 bed Orthopedic and Neurosurgery Unit. We see
patients that are undergoing elective or emergent surgery for total
joint replacement, fracture fixation, and spinal
fusion/decompression. We also utilize an Ortho Rapid Recovery unit
to provide quick throughput for certain surgical patients for
same-day discharges, working closely with Physical Therapy and our
Physicians to provide this service.
* High school diploma or G.E.D. equivalent
* CNA preferred
* Completion of a Nurse Assistant program (titles for similar
programs may vary; e.g., Patient Care Technician (PCT) or Patient
Assistant Technician (PAT) but perform the same job role.) OR
* May be currently enrolled in a nursing program and have
successfully completed the Fundamentals of Nursing course. OR
* Foreign trained and licensed RN who has relocated to the United
States and does not hold a Michigan Rn license. OR
* Medical Assistant program with OR without experience. OR
* At least one (1) year of previous experience in an NA, PCT, PAT,
or similar job role. OR
* Complete BLS Heart Saver Certification during orientation.
Keywords: Henry Ford Hospital, Ann Arbor , Nurse Assistant Orthopedics - Contingent Day Shift - Henry Ford Macomb Hospital, Other , Clinton, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!