Operations Tech- Finishing
Company: Orchid Orthopedics
Posted on: May 15, 2022
SUMMARY OF POSITIONThe Operations Technician I, Finishing
performs various operations including but not limited to grinding,
buffing, trimming, and chemical treatment on parts to achieve the
required surface dimension and finish.This is a contingent worker
temporary position. If you are selected for this position, you will
be employed through an agency, not directly though Orchid. However,
you may be eligible for conversion to an employee position after
only a few months in this role.SHIFTCHE - Shift 2 (12.5%) (United
States of America - Michigan)WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Perform first articles.
- Complete in-process monitoring.
- Perform regular maintenance to machines.
- Create or adjust programs to meet customer prints or
- Record jobs completed, scrap, downtime numbers hourly to chart
activity and job flow.
- Assist and train others as needed.
- Perform chemical etch duties.
- Operate multiple machines at one time.
- Mark or discard items with defects such as spots, stains,
scars, snags, chips, scratches, or unacceptable shapes or
- Trim excess material or cut threads off finished products, such
as cutting loose ends of plastic off a for a smoother finish
- Cut, shape, and trim materials
- Cosmetically inspect parts for defects
- Record part counts, scrap data and other information in job
packet, using Good Documentation Practices (GDP)
- Understand the expectations and training requirements for the
position and be aware of own training status
- Move orders to the next operation following the Kanban
- Support quality and compliance by utilizing One Orchid global
processes and complying with all Quality Management Systems (QMS)
documentation requirements and establishing/supporting plan(s) to
meet/exceed Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for Quality that
support Safety, Compliance, Six Sigma Quality, On-Time Delivery
(OTD) and financial objectives.WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FORWORK
EXPERIENCEManufacturing Experience (Preferred), No previous work
experience requiredEDUCATIONHigh School Or Equivalent Required, ,
,CERTIFICATIONSKNOWLEDGE & SKILLS THAT ENABLE SUCCESSAccuracy and
Attention to Detail (Working Experience), Active Learning (Basic
Knowledge), Blueprint Reading (Basic Knowledge), Communication
(Basic Knowledge), Data Entry (Basic Knowledge), Hand Dexterity
(Extensive Experience), Information Capture (Working Experience),
Manufacturing Safety (Working Experience), Mathematical Ability
(Basic Knowledge), Problem Solving (Working Experience), Quality
Inspection Metrology Tools (Working Experience), Quality Management
(Basic Knowledge), Standard Operating Procedures (Working
Experience), Time management (Working Experience)WHAT WE OFFER
- Opportunity to work in a growing company
- Ability to help people live a longer, more active life
- Comprehensive benefit package
- Ability to work in an organization that values:
- Integrity First: We do the right thing
- Teamwork: We are one Orchid
- Results: Our results matterPHYSICAL REQUIREMENTSConstantly
reaches and grabs objects.Constantly handles and feels
objects.Constantly applies pressure to objects.Constantly operates
tools such as fixtures, jigs, hydraulic presses, and
hammers.Frequently lifts and/or moves objects up to 35
pounds.Constantly visually inspects objects for defects.EOE,
Keywords: Orchid Orthopedics, Ann Arbor , Operations Tech- Finishing, Other , Chelsea, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!