Operations Tech- Finishing
Company: Orchid Orthopedics
Location: Grass Lake
Posted on: May 16, 2022
SUMMARY OF POSITION
The Operations Technician I, Finishing performs various operations
including but not limited to grinding, buffing, trimming, and
chemical treatment on parts to achieve the required surface
dimension and finish.
This is a contingent worker temporary position. If you are selected
for this position, you will be employed through an agency, not
directly though Orchid. However, you may be eligible for conversion
to an employee position after only a few months in this role.
CHE - Shift 2 (12.5%) (United States of America - Michigan)
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Perform first articles.
- Complete in-process monitoring.
- Perform regular maintenance to machines.
- Create or adjust programs to meet customer prints or
- Record jobs completed, scrap, downtime numbers hourly to chart
activity and job flow.
- Assist and train others as needed.
- Perform chemical etch duties.
- Operate multiple machines at one time.
- Mark or discard items with defects such as spots, stains,
scars, snags, chips, scratches, or unacceptable shapes or
- Trim excess material or cut threads off finished products, such
as cutting loose ends of plastic off a for a smoother finish
- Cut, shape, and trim materials
- Cosmetically inspect parts for defects
- Record part counts, scrap data and other information in job
packet, using Good Documentation Practices (GDP)
- Understand the expectations and training requirements for the
position and be aware of own training status
- Move orders to the next operation following the Kanban
- Support quality and compliance by utilizing One Orchid global
processes and complying with all Quality Management Systems (QMS)
documentation requirements and establishing/supporting plan(s) to
meet/exceed Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for Quality that
support Safety, Compliance, Six Sigma Quality, On-Time Delivery
(OTD) and financial objectives.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
Manufacturing Experience (Preferred), No previous work experience
High School Or Equivalent Required, , ,
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS THAT ENABLE SUCCESS
Accuracy and Attention to Detail (Working Experience), Active
Learning (Basic Knowledge), Blueprint Reading (Basic Knowledge),
Communication (Basic Knowledge), Data Entry (Basic Knowledge), Hand
Dexterity (Extensive Experience), Information Capture (Working
Experience), Manufacturing Safety (Working Experience),
Mathematical Ability (Basic Knowledge), Problem Solving (Working
Experience), Quality Inspection Metrology Tools (Working
Experience), Quality Management (Basic Knowledge), Standard
Operating Procedures (Working Experience), Time management (Working
WHAT WE OFFER
- Opportunity to work in a growing company
- Ability to help people live a longer, more active life
- Comprehensive benefit package
- Ability to work in an organization that values:
- Integrity First: We do the right thing
- Teamwork: We are one Orchid
- Results: Our results matter
Constantly reaches and grabs objects.
Constantly handles and feels objects.
Constantly applies pressure to objects.
Constantly operates tools such as fixtures, jigs, hydraulic
presses, and hammers.
Frequently lifts and/or moves objects up to 35 pounds.
Constantly visually inspects objects for defects.
EOE, including disability/vets
Keywords: Orchid Orthopedics, Ann Arbor , Operations Tech- Finishing, Other , Grass Lake, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!