Company: National Center for Manufacturing Sciences
Location: Ann Arbor
Posted on: June 24, 2022
Job Description: Contract Specialist -Job Purpose:The Contract
Specialist is responsible for supporting contract administration
and record retention for NCMS and subsidiary business agreements
while maintaining exceptional customer service. -Primary
- Assist in the preparation of contracts/agreements in accordance
with requirements and program objectives.
- Maintain documentation in compliance with company
- Educate and counsel multiple stakeholders on NCMS collaborative
methods and policies as well as other regulations as applied to
federal award contracting and agreements.
- Perform all other acquisition and administrative tasks to
ensure timely close-out of all NCMS agreements. Tasks may include
procurement, reviewing cost proposals, and a broad range of other
follow-up activities with various stakeholders.
- Maintain knowledge of current procurement laws and
- Perform other duties as requested. - -Requirements:
- Must be a citizen of the United States
- Must have or be eligible to obtain security clearance
- Employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration or related field
and minimum 5 years' experience in contract, grant, non-profit or
university and/or other award administration.
- Working knowledge of contract terms and processes, government
procurement, related laws and related policies and procedures
(Uniform Grant Guidelines and/or Federal Acquisition Regulation
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills both verbal and
written, ability to interact with high level management and legal
disciplines both internally and externally.
- Ability to evaluate risks and discern legal implications
associated with contractual terms and conditions, and the ability
to communicate those to Leadership.
- Ability to work simultaneously with multiple parties in a
collaborative team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities and complex
contractual negotiations in a fast-paced innovative
- Strong attention to detail and demonstrated customer service to
internal customers, external customers and third parties.
- Demonstrated ability or willingness to accept management
- Knowledge of new security requirements specified by National
Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) Special Publication
(SP) 800-171 and Cybersecurity Maturity Model Certification
- Experience in procurement in a government setting desired.
- Ability to act with little supervision and be
- Microsoft Office suite proficiency.
- This is a hybrid position based in Ann Arbor, MI -NATIONAL
CENTER FOR MANUFACTURING SCIENCES IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY
Keywords: National Center for Manufacturing Sciences, Ann Arbor , Contract Specialist, Other , Ann Arbor, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!