Program Supervisor - Outpatient
Company: Macomb County Community Mental Health
Posted on: August 1, 2022
GENERAL SUMMARYUnder direction, recruits, recommends for hire,
and trains. Supervises, evaluates and monitors all clinical and
clerical personnel as indicated; develops and implements
appropriate procedures to ensure that appropriate specialty
assessments are provided to various populations (including Children
and Adults with mild to severe mental illness, substance abuse,
developmental disabilities, severe emotional disturbances, and
similar populations) and services are delivered in the least
restrictive level of care possible; delegates appropriate tasks and
assignments for staff; monitors quality and quantity of staff
activity via clinical supervision, review of clinical documentation
and regular meetings with supervisory team (Clinical Supervisors );
develops and tracks data and reports for management including
quality measures, hospital recidivism, penetration rates and
ensures integrated care is provided to all consumers; conducts
regular staff meetings; monitors implementation of Administrative
Policies and MCO Policies; monitors preparation of employee
payroll; implements quality improvement and program evaluation
activities; implement activities to ensure success with
internal/external audits and accreditation; monitors and develops
internal procedure. Performs other duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIESOversees day to day
operations of the outpatient clinics, providing supervision and
direction to the Clinical Supervisors and staff.Maintains
responsibility for ensuring adequate staffing of the day-to-day
operations through monitoring staffing levels and authorizing leave
as appropriate.Represents the outpatient clinics at various
committees as assigned.Develops and maintains a working
relationship between the outpatient clinics and other CMH Programs
and community service agencies/programs ensuring on-going
coordination and rapid entry and re-entry into the MCCMH
system.Maximizes quality of service and cost effectiveness of the
programs through ongoing discussions with the Director of MCCMH
Community and Behavior Health Services and by attending
QUALIFICATIONSRequired Education and Experience
- Master's Degree in Social Work, Counseling, Psychology or
Doctorate in Psychology or a directly related mental health field
from an accredited college or university.
- Minimum of (2) or more years of supervision experience.
- Three (3) or more years' experience in a behavioral health
Preferred Education and Experience
- Five (5) or more years' experience working a behavioral health
- Five (5) or more years' experience working with individuals
with developmental disabilities, mental illness and/or co-occurring
- Two (2) or more years' experience in an administrative
Required Licenses or Certifications
- Licensed Master Social Worker (LMSW), Licensed Professional
Counselor (LPC), or Licensed Psychologist (LP).
- Possession of required state licensure appropriate to position
and ability to meet privileging and credentialing guidelines.
- Possession of a valid Michigan driver's license and operable,
insured automobile for authorized travel.
Preferred Licenses or Certifications
- Certification with the Michigan Certification Board for
Addiction Professionals (MCBAP) or an approved development
COMPETENCIES FOR SUCCESSFUL PERFORMANCE OF JOB DUTIESKnowledge of:
- Knowledge of applicable computer applications.Skill in:
- Using good professional judgement for the welfare and safety of
our consumers.Ability to:
- Collaborative: Approaches all situations with a teamwork and
solution focused mindset demonstrated through active participation
in meetings, volunteering to assist teammates and other departments
as appropriate. Examples include participation in internal and
external committees, subcommittees, process improvement groups or
other multi-organizational initiatives.
- Accountable: Takes ownership and empowers others to do the same
as evidenced by identifying solutions and acting on job
responsibilities and organizational objectives, daily.
- Respectful: Treats people with dignity while honoring
individual differences demonstrated through use of positive and
encouraging statements and/or interactions to, about and/or with
colleagues and persons served; evidenced by supervisor observation,
feedback from other department staff and leadership.
- Effectively speak, write, and understand the English.
- Effectively speak, write, and understand a language other than
English is preferred.
- Understand and carry out oral and/or written instructions.
- Accurately organize and maintain paper documents and electronic
- Maintain the confidentiality of information.
- Work independentlyJob Types: Full-time, ContractSalary: $34.00
- $42.00 per hour
- Day shift
- Monday to FridayWork Location: One location
Keywords: Macomb County Community Mental Health, Ann Arbor , Program Supervisor - Outpatient, Other , Clinton, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!